Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proud parent moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Was it proper kids football ie a melée of 20 kids all charging around after the ball like a loony tunes fight whilst the 2 keepers stand alone at each end :)

Post Thanks / Like
    nah she needs a dodge caravan with a soccer mom sticker on it LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 170698
    Was it proper kids football ie a melée of 20 kids all charging around after the ball like a loony tunes fight whilst the 2 keepers stand alone at each end :)
    Well it's 6 a-side so 12 kids in a melee around the ball. But yes you've got the idea. Except Steven who took the concept of "defender" so seriously he spent most of the game in his own penalty area spinning in circles while his team were up the other end scoring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes that was me. Left wing all by myself do they still have the magic sponge? You know the sponge in the ice cold water to be applied to any injury?

Post Thanks / Like
    No sponge. The kid that was flattened by the thumping tackle was hauled to his feet and told to go off for a rest. He came back on in the second half and got the ball full in the face. No sponge again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember one game as a kid where the magic sponge bucket had to have a thin film of ice broken on it before it was applied to a stud wound

Post Thanks / Like
    Gross story alert.

I was playing in a rugby match and got a whack in the face and got a nose bleed. I had to leave the pitch as it was a blood injury and used the magic sponge and bucket of water to sort it out. At half time there wasn't enough water bottles for one each so some of our team used the magic sponge to get a drink.

To this day they do not know.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    When it's your turn to wash the team kit. Make sure that the weather has been good. Nothing worse than 6 muddy kits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm a soccer mom! Have been since my little girl, now 11, was 4. It's really fun to watch, especially when they are young. How old is your son Dawn? But yes, some of the parents get REALLY into the game! I'm afraid I don't know enough about the game even now to yell out advice much. Mostly I'm yelling 'PAIGE PAY ATTENTION' because she can be out there pickin' daisies if the ball hasn't been her way in awhile, lol.
    And I actually did used to have the soccer ball magnet on my Jeep ;)
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast