Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Recipe Exchange

Post Thanks / Like
    hi, and thanks for the recipes you can find more in this free recipe site called recipebuddys.com
    I'll post some recipes from there later

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tink....Where are your recipes?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get some up! I don't really have too many recipes, though.

I do have a recipe for some wicked egg nog, and Herself makes wonderful cookies.

I am the "cook" and she is the one who does the delicate, recipe driven items.

I do seven fishes on Christmas Eve, and we often (although not always) have lasagne on Christmas day. I'll do a prime rib or crown roast sometimes. This year for NYE we are having individual beef Wellingtons... that sort of thing.

I love reading other people's recipes though!

But I'll get some up (hopefully before Christmas)! LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanksgiving/Halloween:
    Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 - 15oz can pumpkin
    1 - 5oz can evaporated milk
    3/4 cup Splenda
    2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
    2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
    Mix ingredients
    Spray pie tin with non-stick spray
    Pour in ingredients
    Bake for 30 minutes
    Cool completely
    Serve with dollop of no-fat whipped topping

(Weight Watchers = 2 pts. per serving)
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Well now! That sounds very interesting, Gwennie! I have an Aunt who is forever doing WW. This would be a nice surprise for her.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    OK. I'm cheating! I went back into the forums and copied this from the original post. It's a great Christmas cookie, especially if you want to give some as gifts. Herself is the very best cookie maker. A dream? Having a cookie shop of her own.

At any rate, a perfect counterpoint to Gwennie's healthy recipe!

May I present again, this year for your cookie making pleasure....

Herself's Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

(Herself would like to make it perfectly clear she did not create this recipe)!

1 cup all purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar (light brown was used)
    1 large egg
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract (be sure to use an excellent quality vanilla)
    1 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (used Ghirardelli's)
    1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
    1/2 cup white chocolate chips
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries (used fresh)

2 ounces milk chocolate and white choclate, chopped (for drizzling)

Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and oats and stir until blended. Stir in all chocolate chips and cranberries.

Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are light brown, about 16 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely. (Tink would like you to know that the cookies at this point are incredibly delicious...cooled just enough to not burn, they are divine... ).

Stir chopped milk chocolate in top of double boiler until melted and smooth (same with white chocolate in second double boiler). Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern. Let stand until milk chocolate sets, about 1 hour. Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature. (HAH!!! They will NOT last 2 days. You will be lucky if they last 2 hours)!

Yeild: About 30

Post Thanks / Like
    Another "Re-run" recipe! LOL!

Tink's Holiday Eggnog

Depending upon size of serving, can serve up to 25

Beat until very thick and lemon colored:
    6 egg yolks
    2 cups of sugar

Slowly stir in:
    1 pint bourbon
    1 cup Jamaica rum
    1 cup brandy

Blend in:
    3 pints heavy cream
    1 pint whole milk

Beat until rounded peaks are formed:
    6 egg whites

Gently fold egg white into egg yolk mixture. Pour into punch bowl, cover and chill in refrigerator.

Before service lightly sprinkle each portion with freshly grated nutmeg.

I vary the proportions of the alcohol. I'm not a huge fan of rum, so don't want to taste it. I have left it out and increased the other two accordingly.

Obviously it's not for children. However, you can leave out the alcohol.

Use pasturized eggs if you have any health concerns what so ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    well seeing as no one from the uk has put a recipe on i will
    this is my ex mother in laws but its gorgeous and i dont like sage and onion but i love this. great with turkey yum yum

sage and onion stuffing

2lb onions
    1/2 lb breadcrumbs (use bread that isnt fresh)
    1 beaten egg
    salt + pepper
    butter
    1 dessertspoon dried sage or fresh if you can get it.

peel and roughly chop onions boil with salt for about 15 minutes (just par cook) drain and chop weel add to sage and pepper and bread crumbs. mix with beaten egg.
    put into a dish and dot with butter
    bake in a warm oven until brown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmm, They all sound yummy, Tink, I believe I have that recipe, only the ingredients were doubled. They are yummy and hey , they have oatmeal so it's healthy right and fruit!!!!

Split Levels-bake at 350 for 35- 40 minutes

You may use whatever flavor extract you prefer in this, I use orange,almond or rasberry with orange being our favorite

1- 12 ounce package of chocolate chips

8 ounces of cream cheese

2/3 cup of evaporated milk

1 cup chopped nuts if desired
    4 tbsp. of orange extract.

melt chocolate chips, cream cheese, and evaporated milk. Stir until smooth, add extract and nuts if desired ,Place aside

3 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 cup of butter

2 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

In large bowl combine rest of ingredients until particles are fine. Press 1/2 of the mixture into a lightly sprayed 13 by 9 pan. Top with chocolate mixture, Sprinkle with rest of crumbs and press down lightly. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes, or until lightly brown let coll and cut into small squares, This cookie bar may be made and frozen in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Daveann your stuffing sounds yummy!!!!

Tinkfan, those cookie bars are going to cause problems, I tell ya'!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast