Thread: President Obama's Speech to the Human Rights Committee 10/10/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Part One
    [youtube]raCFfXfw9O0[/youtube]

Part 2
    [youtube]VImQexnszp0[/youtube]

Part 3
    [youtube]yUEB6wYucDs[/youtube]

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is in three parts, and therefore a time investment, but I think you will like what he has to say.

I know I did.

Yes, we are impatient in this country, and some of us think that the waiting should be over, that the time has come for all Americans to be treated the same.

I will say, that the work is our's to do, not his. He is supportive, more so than any other president has ever been, but he cannot do for us what we won't do for ourselves.

So, some of us will continue to be persistently and unrelentingly insistent that all Americans should have the same civil liberties as the next, that no American wishing to fight and die for this country should have to lie, that each American is just as vital and important as the next, and that sexuality is only one single, very small aspect of who that person is.

Our President understands that, and hopefully all of us will too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    And the difference with this great Man, he is not afraid to stand up for everybody .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the truth, Siobhan. Thank you for watching!