Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Naked' scanner

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand how you feel Mick but I would rather lessen the chances of me being blown to bits in the sky. I just can't be sure the scanners will just stay in the airports though?

Post Thanks / Like
    It makes me nervous BUT as Helly said for my own secruity so be it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    See I see it from the health risk point of view. If this is an x-ray then that is a radiation exposure and potentially could be dangerous for pregnant ladies or frequent fliers.

I have no problem being eliminated as a security risk for a flight but not if it's going to damage my health.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im all for it if it tightens security and the risk of being blown up is less. If someone really is going to get their kicks from looking at me naked through a scanner, well they would need their heads read, im hardly supermodel material

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 171233
    See I see it from the health risk point of view. If this is an x-ray then that is a radiation exposure and potentially could be dangerous for pregnant ladies or frequent fliers.

I have no problem being eliminated as a security risk for a flight but not if it's going to damage my health.
    In theory they say you'd need to travel through the scanner 5000 times to be anywhere close to 1 normal hospital xray, so it shouldn't be a health risk.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Its true re xrays - also a transatlantic flight is I believe equivalent to a number of chest xrays - can't remember how many darn brain won't work as due to altitude you are exposed to more atmospheric radiation anyway.

THE important question it raises is WHEN will this technology be made avaliable in some sort of spectacle form?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm sure it will be available in laughing spectacle form

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know which airport Johnny Depp favours?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would deal with it if I HAD to, although I wouldn't like it, but I would have a real big problem sending my kids though that scanner. A HUGE problem. I mean no one is going to put on their application that they enjoy looking at naked children, but I'm sure there will be many that apply for the job.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a disclaimer in the article that said that passengers can refuse to be scanned. I for one am not sure I could even allow it. It states that it use electro magnetic waves which might possibly damage my ICD.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast