Thread: Debbie does Disney 2009 - Day before

Post Thanks / Like
    Apologies for lack of photos - have 1000 of them but still don't know how to insert them

Thursday 17 September 2009

DS off school in case he caught anything sinister before we went so we both took DD to College. We were half-listening to local news on the radio about a boy killed in the Village evening before but were not paying full attention.

DS and I then went into town to get my hair done and then came home to crack on with last few jobs – changing beds etc. I couldn’t get onto our booking at VA so called VH to confirm seats – good job as not what we usually have but she quickly changed for both flights to 21DEFG – first row downstairs behind PE.

Mid morning, I got call from DD in College to say the boy killed was one of her friends, Lewis – she was so upset . Lots of last minute family visitors came so had a house full when all I wanted to do was crack on with jobs. Why do they do that every year?

DD had gone to meet friends after college. They all gathered to lay flowers and chat.

I sorted DS and got him to bed before finishing packing. I could finally say to him he was going to see the castle 'tomorrow'. I had waited so long to say that to him and he was really excited

Left DH weighing cases to check under 23kgs

Tom rang to confirm our airport transfer – Kev adamant wanted to go at stupid o clock. I thought it was too early – which it was

DD came in about 9pm really upset saying she was not coming. Had to coax her into completing her packing – her heart just wasn’t in it at all

DH went to bed about 11pm . I couldn’t sleep so had a cuppa whilst on PC. I noticed VS76 was late leaving MCO so knew we would have delay.

I went to bed about 12.30am but couldn’t sleep. Such mixed emotions - thinking about Lewis' parents and how they must be feeling and my own excitement at finally taking DS back to his happy place

Our much longed for trip just hours away

RIP Lewis

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    What a sad start.

RIP Lewis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Debbie what mixed emotions. I understand your DD heartache.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about Lewis. hope you managed to have a great holiday

Post Thanks / Like
    What a terrible heartache for your DD. May the young man rest in peace.

Good that your little guy (so to speak :D ) was excited and happy to be going.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle