Thread: The other side of the cat coin

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember my cousin's rabbits got killed by a cat and how annoyed I was that cats were above the law.

Well today I was driving along and I saw a cat get hit by a car. The ******* driver of the car just drove off and left someone's beloved pet dead in the road.

I was so angry. I pulled over but didn't know what to do. Luckily a nice man got out of his car and gently dealt with the poor cat.

:(

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what to say without swearing!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the law here I'm afraid... you have to report it if you hit a dog (although I did see a dead dog that had just been left there :() but not if you hit a cat. I know some people really despise cats and I was one of those when I was a kid... but honest to god I have to say this... I really do love my animals from hamsters to cats we have loved them all, they have each got/had their own personalities that I never even considered when I was younger and I truly do love animals and cats more than I love human beings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 171888
    That's the law here I'm afraid... you have to report it if you hit a dog (although I did see a dead dog that had just been left there :() but not if you hit a cat. I know some people really despise cats and I was one of those when I was a kid... but honest to god I have to say this... I really do love my animals from hamsters to cats we have loved them all, they have each got/had their own personalities that I never even considered when I was younger and I truly do love animals and cats more than I love human beings.
    Isn't that the truth, they love you no matter what, my poor Sabre is poorly and I don't know what I will ever do without him. I love that dog more than I can say.

Post Thanks / Like
    It really is a sick feeling..knowing that someone loved that little fuzz ball. It really doesn't matter what type of animal or how we feel about them.

This happened to us a month or so ago. I was loading my LITTLE KIDS into the car and this car came screaming down the street and plowed a cat in the road. The cat ran off so I don't know how badly it was hurt, but I wanted to throw up. The car took off but a) my kids had to see it, and b) it could have easily been one of them..or us. I wanted to chase that car down, let me tell you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand how people can hit and animal and just leave. Even if you don't like animals, why wouldn't you at least call someone to help?

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know.... rabbit or cat or dog or whatever... they are usually well loved and part of someone's family :( and this is where I get into trouble :( I would have hunted that car down :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayola DeVille, post: 171967
    I would have hunted that car down :(
    ....with me right beside you!

I remember as a kid (maybe 4 years old) being in the car with my brother driving. We were driving on a road with fields either side of us. A rabbit ran out and we couldn't avoid hitting it. We found the rabbit which was no longer with us....... and brought it home and buried him in the back garden. I even sang "All things bright and beautiful" to it as I put some daisies on it's grave!

Post Thanks / Like
    This really winds me up. I sadly caught a cat with my back wheels many years ago, i tried to miss it but he just ran at me from no were. The cat ran off but i stopped and found him in a garden sadly no longer with us. I found a tag on him and took him to his home. I know how it would hurt but i would rather know than be sat at home worrying were he was