Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: switching resorts during a stay...complicated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 171965
    Do you want to stay at the BWV because you never have, is that it? I must say, BCV has it all over BWV. BWV are my very least favorite of all the DVC resorts. The CMs there are not pleasant (some are down right rude) more so than any where else. The resort itself is shabby. The building has been plagued with problems since its construction (with shoddy materials and poor workmanship, the contractor has been sued).

I personally find the Clown pool horrible. And I really don't like not having a restaurant in the resort. :( The cliche about the long halls are more than cliche, the walk seems interminable.

I do understand though, if you've never stayed there, it's a lure to try it. We stay there only when we cannot get the BCV.

Oh, don't be lured to stay in a villa overlooking the boardwalk itself. All the sounds from the boardwalk float up into your villa.

Sorry to be so negative.
    OH don't apologize, I want your honest opinion! I've never stayed there & that is part of the lure. And have stayed at BC I guess four times now? Even before we joined DVC there was something about BW that appealed to me. I actually love the pool, lol, tho I know the clown can be freaky. I love the decor of the lobby & all the other areas you can roam around in. I've never even seen a room, other than photos, so I'm not sure about walking distance & stuff like that. I don't like that there is no restaurant inside either because none of the ones on the boardwalk appeal to me. Also, I may be wrong, but isnt' the bakery the only thing similar to a food court there as well? I wouldn't want a room anywhere near the boardwalk due to the concern about noise.

I do love the BC, there is nothing about it not to love! lol. I'm going to have to give it some more thought I guess.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the bakery would be the closest thing to a food court. You know what though? You'll need to try it yourself, eh? We didn't care for it, but LOADS of people love the place, so don't go by me.

You can order room service there, don't forget. I think that's kind of odd, room service with no restaurant, but hey... better than nothing! LOL.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Clown Pool

*shudders*

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 172108
    Clown Pool

*shudders*
    LOL!
    I actually like the clown slide better than the slide at BC because I can't do the tunnel slides due to my claustrophobia. I did it once & felt like I couldn't breath (especially when I hit the part where the water comes over you like a fall!) & I have never done it again. The open slides I will do over & over as I can see the blue sky above :D
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah well of course!! That would be the difference between you and I! I don't get in the water AT ALL!! Water scares the wotsit right outta me...and then there are clowns...and then there is the BW pool, which craftily combines BOTH of these fears!!

All kidding aside though, as Johnie said earlier, we switched resorts last August and it was easy peasy mac and cheesy...I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for a moment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12