Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Self Tan

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone recommend a good self tanning lotion? It has to be goof proof! Oh....and I don't like the Tango look

I don't want to use sunbeds but I don't want to go on my trip pasty and white!

Post Thanks / Like
    I say, embrace your pasty whiteness. I do! :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 171920
    I say, embrace your pasty whiteness. I do! :D
    I see toddlers to grandparents wandering around WDW in shorts without a care in the world....I wear trousers to stop my pins from blinding folk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, don't worry about those other folks, so they experience a moment of blindness.....gives you enough time to breeze past them while they are disoriented. Think of it as a type of strategy. If they are blind, then they wont see you jump ahead in line...oh, oh, it's your type of fastpass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you there is no lotion that works for me.

I used to tan and would get a nice tan from it. I haven't tanned in about a year and am now back to my white self.

I've tried everything this summer and am just various shades of orange or streakiness.

i think I am just an odd duck.....self tanners supposedly work for others

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I used to be told when I worked at a bath/body type shop, the key to the self tanners is to make sure you do a reaaaally thorough exfoliation first. Supposedly, any even-slightly rough or dry skin will absorb more tanner and make you blotchy.

Friends who've used the self tanning stuff have told me that spray-on formulas work best (due to more even coverage from a mist/spray) and that it helps to have someone assist so that you i don't miss any spots--there's the one main reason I won't use 'em, LOL!

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the white 'n' pasty look. I'm so pale I'm nearly see-through; I don't bother with tanning at all. I just slather on SPF seventy-bajillion and keep the rays from damaging my skin...but there's skin cancer in my immediate family, so I'm overly-cautious. I'd rather be pale than biopsied, that's my motto!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    See? I had heard that about exfoliating and I scrubbed myself half to death and it still didn't work for me.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll ask lauren for you di :)

what about a spray tan. lauren does those and they look sooooo natural looks like youve been away for a fortnight :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 171991
    i'll ask lauren for you di :)

what about a spray tan. lauren does those and they look sooooo natural looks like youve been away for a fortnight :D
    It's hard to find someone you can trust for a spray tan Mick....a couple of girls at work had them done last year and they were a mess which has put me off. Also, I am in the pool every day while we are away so I really need something that I can easily re-apply if i need to.
    I know I'm being fussy .....unless lauren can come with me to Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 171992
    It's hard to find someone you can trust for a spray tan Mick....a couple of girls at work had them done last year and they were a mess which has put me off. Also, I am in the pool every day while we are away so I really need something that I can easily re-apply if i need to.
    I know I'm being fussy .....unless lauren can come with me to Florida
    ok will ask her about a good lotion then.....well as long as you pay for everything im sure shed luv to be your personal therapist
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast