1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Pre-Trip 107 days and counting

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Oreo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Ok, so as some of you know Jess (my now fiance) posts on another forum, so i have used her pre trip report to post on here. when i get five minutes i will put up our full plan, but for now here is jess' report:
    Have Never done a pre-trippy before but thought i would give it a try for our september trip, and especially as i love reading others so much.:d: So here goes... First up meet the pack, So first up there is me Jess (23) This will be my 3rd time to Florida and i am most looking forward to all the ADR's we have booked, being there with friends aswell as my DF, and seeing the new fantasyland expansion. This is me... [​IMG] Next up is my Fiance(As of last saturday ;))Chris (27) We have been together for 6 years and this is our 2nd trip to florida together but will be chris's 6th visit, He is looking forward to every aspect of this trip, but is very interested in seeing the new diagon alley. This is him... [​IMG] Next up is Chris's Brother Pete (25) This will be his 4th trip, his last one being in 2006, he is very much looking forward to seeing all the changes that have happened across the theme parks, but most of all hes looking forward to all things harry potter and superhero. This is Him... [​IMG] Last but not least is Petes Fiance Vee (will be 27 while were there) First of all ill say vee is short for vicky but every just calls her vee, This will be her first ever trip to florida, after being to DLP 5 times, so she is very much looking forward to everything,but as such a huge harry potter fan this is on top of her list. This is her... [​IMG] ... and here is a pic of us all a couple of years ago when we went to the light switch on in blackpool. [​IMG] We leave on 20th september, returning on the 4th of october, we are staying 14 nights at a studio at Old Key West, we booked direct with WDTC so we have 14 day ultimate ticket, DDP, and $200 gift card. Our flights are with virgin flying from gatwick, we are travelling down the day before and staying at the hilton south terminal, with parking. We also have 14 day 2 park tickets to universal/island of adventure, we are planning 2-3 days there. We are pretty much finished on our planning, all our adrs are booked, we have tickets to MNSSHP aswell,Car booked and 'savetime' done insurance brought and pets all sorted with pet sitter's(we have 7 between us) all weve got to do now is wait for our 60 days to arrive to book our fastpass+ :goofy::stitch::goofy::stitch:Hopefully i havnt rambled to much, will be looking forward to writing the full trippy when i come home P.S. The colours of our names are our magic band colours:d
    Watchinherskip likes this.
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Well now! You have the best Smiley Face, Oreo! Lovely report. :yes:
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

It sounds good and it is so nice to put a face to a name :)
  4. sarah

sarah Addicted to Mickey

I love looking at your piccies
  5. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Wooohooooo!! We'll be there at the same time! I'll be sure and wave if we see you!! Great photos, great pre-trippie!
  6. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

So..... now in double digits.

We can pre book our flight seats on 25th June.

We can book our fast passes 60 days out but no sure we will use them, we may for the bigger stuff.

Aparently we can check in to our hotel 60 days out as well but no sure how this is done.

I have checked into alamo and got my savetime voucher.

All the holiday is paid for and we have received our MNSSHP tickets (why these can't be added to your band i'll never understand).

We are still awaiting our universal tickets and I think were good to go.

I'm tempted to price up PE for a flight but does anyone have any tips when best to do this? At the airport?

Getting close now :)
  7. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

It is about £250 per person one way and this was 2 years ago

All looking fab and it is nice to put face to names!

When are you going?
  8. Deafjeff

Duh saw the dates! We will be there two days before! Will give you a wave if we see you :)
    Oreo likes this.
  9. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

So.....

We paid off our trip last month, phoned Disney who gave us all the details for Virgin etc and we tried to pre book our seats. However, as you know this isn't now possible until 60days out.

60days we will be able to do this along with our fast passes and aparently check into our hotel also! (need to read up on that).

We had a little trouble with our Universal tickets. We booked these through attraction tickets direct and they use a postal company that we've had issues with previously. Basically, our house isn't on a Satnav and because of this people from this company don't even attempt to deliver to our property.

Anyway, our tickets have been sat with the deliver driver for a month, no phone call, nothing. They attempted to deliver for a second and third time last week but Jess was in and she doesn't think she missed the door.

Anyway long story short they sorted this out by getting them delivered by Royal Mail.

So we've got our Universal tickets along with some vouchers for the Florida mall (which Jess is pleased about).

So it's all coming along nicely. I started to feel lost without any planning to do but with the wedding trip to organise I feel that we can move straight into planning for that which is a bonus :)

On the downside though this will probably be our last trip to the world for a while I suspect. So I am determined to enjoy this one! :)

We arrive on Saturday evening and we are going to take it easy and have not booked anything.

Sunday we have a booking at Crystal Palace before the park opens so that'll be a nice way to start the holiday.

Although I am a massive Disney fan I am secretly excited by the Harry Potter stuff. I was a little disapointed with it first time around but I am sure it'll be much better when we go in September.
  10. Deafjeff

Lok like it all coming together, I certainly will keep an eye out for you and Jess :)
    Oreo likes this.
  11. Wendy

I love it when all the pieces fit together :D
    Oreo likes this.
  12. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

It's slowly fitting together! Just want to go now
  13. Wendy

You have 78 days and counting, the time will soon fly by :D
  14. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

It's been stuck on 78 days for like a week now! lol
  15. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I feel the same - my counter never seems to drop down!

Your plans, however, look great and I'm sure you'll have a magical trip. :)
    Oreo likes this.