Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooh!! 2 ingrown toenails :( Ouchy! I suffer with these a lot and I've got one on my right foot now- After the last procedure having the left one of it can stay there. I'm not going through that procedure again- they'd have to knock me out first!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 172927
    Well. I've been to PT this morning. I was told by the receptionist that I had an outstanding bill for over $1000.00. I called my insurance company and it seems that someone made an error. The provider is not in the network and yes, I do owe that money.

No. We don't need health care reform here in the US. Not one bit. So now, I have to pay for something, that I have insurance to cover, because the insurance company told both the provider and I that the provider was in network, when the provider is not.

Oh, and add to that? I can't continue with them of course, as I don't have that kind of money to pay those sorts of charges.

I really am so disgusted I just can't think. I'm sitting here angrier than heck, with nothing to do about it.

Ugh.

Couldn't you just? It really fries me when things like that happen. Didn't they run your insurance card before you started treatment? The fault is theirs for not having checked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink,
    I'd certainly fight those charges with your insurance company. You called to verify coverage and the insurance company made the mistake? Hopefully they documented that and you can win. I used to work for an insurance company so PM if you'd like any help.

TOday was my flex Friday so I didn't have to work. I had a lovely sleep in. I then went and had a wonderful Russian massage. I did some shopping and then met the fam for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I am STILL full!

I've been working on my papers since I got home and have to really make a dent in it this weekend. If I am a good girl and get a lot done, then I am going to the Celtic festival and see the men in kilts

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I called and the doc/pt (one the same) called! I just may take you up on that Johnie, thanks!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be glad to help Tink. There is no need to have to pay the charges when you were given the wrong information

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    If they told you that over the phone then they will have recorded it- demand that they check their call logs (They will be able to search through for a specific person, or if not time and date) and if they say no, call back and ask to speak to a manager as often they don't know that they can do it.

I've worked in a call centre (not for insurance) but I know exactly what its like in those sorts of places.... messages about Company policies etc get passed around whilst some people are off, or some people just don't read the memo's and you get half the people giving off some information and the other half giving out the opposite information!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately not all calls are logged at all companies.

Post Thanks / Like
    This one says that the call may be recorded. When you call the prescription center it tells you that the call will be recorded. Differences that will make it tricky.

I know what they are going to say-it's my sole responsibility to know my benefits.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234