Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BNP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 172904
    I can't find it :(
    No I can't find it as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see one member runs a Christian sing group!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    A man that is a regular in my sister's pub is apparently a donating activist. :(
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard some about this on NPR this morning. I have to admit I was stunned that there was such a sort in your politicians. Not that I put you all on a pedestal or anything.

The report I listened to said he wanted all immigrants sent "back" and that he has denied the holocaust. Is that true?

Also, they interviewed a couple of people who were in support of him as they felt that as "white British" they were fourth class citizens.

Intolerance is frightening. Arkvilla, I too would be very worried about my family. I hope they are always safe.

I wonder sometimes if a certain global "racism" (for lack of a better word) or intolerance is brewing. I hear more and more about how "the others" need to be impinged upon in some way or another; sent back, refused entry, disenfranchised in some way. It's not always race driven as I know personally, but sometimes I feel that there is a growing intolerance instead of a growing understanding that all peoples are equal under the sun.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That's got me thinking Tink.

Yes I think a global "intolerance" is an interesting way of putting it. I don't think it's more racial than before, if anything I think specific racist, sexist etc. biases are thankfully declining but there is a) a lack of caring about other people and b) a corresponding increase in intolerance for other people
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Unfortunately, that is what I mean. I seem to "feel" or see more (read more, hear more...) frequent displays of intolerance than I ever have. I don't know if it's just because of the atmosphere in this country...

I have to say, as naive as it may sound, I was truly shocked to hear about this situation in the UK.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the BBC were right to put him on there because after all this is a democracy and he is not breaking any laws by speaking freely. However i am very disapointed with the BBC and feel they used this as a publicity stunt. The way that he was treated was bad, and i feel bullying behaviour. I know that the BNP is bad and i want no part in them but we need to act in a way that separates us from that kind of behaviour otherwise we are no better. Mob mentality hits the nail on the head.

I am writing to the BBC about this subject.

Post Thanks / Like
    What annoys me the most about this whole thing is that much of it stems from the 9/11 and other attacks from extremist minorities. It's almost everyday we hear of white British/American/European men and woman committing all sorts of offenses- killing people, robbing, bombing etc- we do not become suspicious of all Irish men because one of them killed a man.

It saddens me that people can be this narrow minded. Especially that many of them are GP's and other people in highly respected positions in our society.

This morning I was ashamed to be British simply because their name is the 'British National Party.' Makes me sick.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the feeling of shame, Josh. I have never been so ashamed to be American as I was the day after President Obama was elected. I was in SC and it was truly horrifying (the reaction of the people, including local news and radio).

Stereotyping has limited value. As categorization, it's valid. A book is something with pages and words. A man is other than woman. That sort of thing. When we move it into predictive behavior, that's where we go very wrong, every time. :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast