Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know what I love?

Post Thanks / Like
    the way Tatiana says butterfly...

bolelai .... just lovely...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh

When Arun was small he used to say Mawhahhah for Lawnmower ( he's 17 now) I still think of it every time Jai mows the lawn

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, you'll always remember it that way. I may even become your family's way of saying the word from here on out. Our family has "Joey speak" still after all these years. (Joe is my brother).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though Katie is very good at saying things these days, she still has a few things she says in "baby-speak"

She has a pooh blanket my Mom made her and even though she can say it right, he is still poohbakick

eckanose= oatmeal
    mammy= my lamb

She can say them right, but they just don't seem to change. Then there are some words that she has moved on from and they just break my heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Ekanose! I love it. We still sometimes say "gig o mug" in our family for drink of milk. That was how my brother said it. And every now and then when we really want to tease him we remind him to be sure to "pup it down" when he uses the bathroom. When he was little he used to LOVE to flush the toilet and would run shouting to the bathroom when anyone was in there that he wanted to "PUP IT DOWN!!!" G-d, I'm awful for telling that aren't I?

My little niece used to say "SANKS!" for thanks, and we still sometimes do. These are all personal family comments, not used in front of anyone else.

My brother couldn't say my name right, and to this day my Da will sometimes call me Ela. :D (I far prefer it over my "real name")!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Bolelai...so sweet!!

This whole thread is so cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    awwww that is so sweet

Alysia had a lot of those too and we still use them

Hee highs = high heels

Green bens = green beans

Pellet = elephant

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hee highs! I love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, I love this thread! I actually kept a 'baby journal' for each of my kids..ok, to be honest I still write in it every now & then just to keep record of important things for them so when I give it to them when they have their own babies they can reflect on their childhood & see what I went thru as a new mommy, lol.

But I would always write the cute words so I wouldn't forget. The ones for us that have had staying power that my now 16 year old said & we still to this day say are:

tomcacs = contacts
    clotchet = chocolate
    and the one I use constantly yet..... pogue = cold
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I still call Brocolli 'trees' like I did when I was little....

I also say 'skissors' (ski-saws) rather than scissors LOL

Only infront of my family as a joke! haha
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast