Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to the new animal kingdom lodge area?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't researched all the new stuff at AKL since the addition of the DVC part (yeah, I need to read my Disney Insider magazine better, lol). But am I to understand then, that there is a new restaurant AND a new food court? Or no?? I was thinking in the mag I saw a new food court pictured that was very nicely themed but didn't think that was a restaurant. So now in total there would be 3 sit down restaurants plus 2 food courts?
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure about a food court in Kidani, since its mostly villas with kitchens in them..

however, yes, there is a new restaurant, Sanaa, its supposed to be Indian :)

we thought it was delicious

The only thing we HATED about Kidani was the bus stop!!! they were working on a new bus stop, but when we went, it was just one place for all buses to drop and pick people, and sometimes there was aline of 5 or 6 buses waiting because there simply wasnt enough space to park

Post Thanks / Like
    Kidani Village is actually a totally separate set of buildings from AKL. You can walk to it from AKL, take the bus, or drive. Sanaa, per se is not an Indian restaurant, but it does have lots of curries on the menu.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought that was you Sister Tink . I'm always afraid to say something and be wrong . You looked straight at me too . Kidani was wonderful . My hair is now an auburn color and I was wearing my contacts . OMGosh, I could kick myself now for not saying something . You look Great ! Lost a lot of weight since I saw you last and I gained . You cannot imagine how mad I am at myself right now . We even smiled in passing . ARGHHHHH !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodness! Well, clearly I didn't recognize you! We loved the place, hope you did too!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It was so lovely that Jim and I would pay to stay at The Lodge . We did not have a savannah view , but we went outside , you know where , near Saunas and took pictures of those gorgeous giraffes .

Post Thanks / Like
    The giraffes were beautiful weren't they? Did you see the baby giraffe?

Herself and I were watching the animals from the library area one morning and jokingly said to one another, "LOOK! Turkeys!" when we saw the ostriches. Someone thought we were SERIOUS! Needless to say, we didn't try to defend ourselves.

I particularly loved the artifacts throughout the resort, and in Sanaa. They are incredible. Did you see the necklaces along the back wall of Sanaa?

We had a one bedroom, and it was wicked nice. We wanted to call Seth and his Da to come and join us! They don't have reliable transport though, so we didn't. We'll be staying there again though, and will have them with us. I think Seth would get a big kick out of the convertible easy chair!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Reviving and old thread, I know...but Tink, I was hoping you'd tell us more about your meal as Sanaa? Looking at perhaps trying it out in the next trip or so....

Post Thanks / Like
    You know? I just deleted those notes from my iPhone today!

(THE DROID IS HERE)! :9:

Ok, we didn't care for it, that much we made clear. The restaurant presents itself as some what "Indian" but it's really not.

We found the food to be less than what it would be in any decent Indian restaurant. Flavor wise, I mean.

It's worth the trip to maybe have a drink and a browse as it's a cool restaurant... but to actually plan on eating there? Nah. Save it for Jiko... or even Boma.

Post Thanks / Like
    YAY FOR THE DROID!!!!

Thanks for the input...I was actually trying to decide between Jiko's and Sanaa and what was guiding me was the "Indian" concept itself, as I LOVE Indian food...especially spicy Indian food...so to hear THAT bit wasn't up to par may definitely sway my decision.

Thanks Tink!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast