Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to the new animal kingdom lodge area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wodnered if anyone had been to the new part of the animal kingdom lodge yet or tried the new sanaa restaurant?

Post Thanks / Like
    We went there a few weeks ago and it is a lovely place.
    We had lunch there at Sanna`s which was very good. Details and a few photos may be found towards the end of my trip report here.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're staying at AKL next week so hope to have a walk around. I Dont think we're in time to get a reservation at Sanna though :(
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed at Kidani in August and ate at Saana - it was one of my favourite meals of the holiday! The Samosas were the best I have ever had

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I can't wait to stay in the official new DVC rooms! I stayed in one of the old rooms converted a couple years back & it was very, very nice but really want to see the new building with all the new stuff. Especially the pool!!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 173210
    We're staying at AKL next week so hope to have a walk around. I Dont think we're in time to get a reservation at Sanna though :(
    We have eaten there and really enjoyed it. Keith, check at AKL and see if the concierge can get you the ADR.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 173273
    We have eaten there and really enjoyed it. Keith, check at AKL and see if the concierge can get you the ADR.
    Thanks John! I'm studying Terry's trip report at the moment and I think we'll have to try and get there during our stay
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! We've just come from a weekend stay at Kidani Village. It was so wonderful that Herself wants to buy more points there! That's amazing since we already have quite a few DVC points in our original contract.

The pool area is wonderful. So beautiful and relaxing and very themed! The kids will love it, but adults will too. The bloody Marys at the pool bar are a nice way to start a Sunday. :D

We dined at Sanaa on a walk up. The new Disney ADR system is TERRIBLE. I can't believe that they aren't losing tons of money. We asked at check in about Sanaa that night. No, she didn't recommend a walk up, but feel free to use the house phone to call for an ADR. We went down to Sanaa and asked. Yep. They could seat us right then. Of course, we didn't want to eat then. They couldn't do an ADR. We went back up to concierge and asked about an ADR, and was told the system wouldn't allow it for the time we wanted. When we were ready to eat we went back to Sanaa and walked in!

I'm telling you, the ADR system is beyond useless.

At any rate, I do have photos and am hoping to have some moments to make them small enough to post.

Sanaa: Food was ok. We were totally unimpressed with the server. She did start out by saying she was "having a day." Yep. She was!

Will report more later.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That is terrible Tink.
    However your comments about the ADR system employed at the WDW restaurants have been echoed to me by many CM`s that I know.
    I reckon it`s about time that Disney sorted out the mess caused by this system along with their various dining plans etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    We loved Kidani... we thought the buildings are better placed around the savannah, with magnificent views of the animals!

The lookouts with the rocking chairs are by far better than the ones and Jambo House.

Sanaa... we had a DELICIOUS meal, it was one of the highlights of the trip.... Just thinking about it makes my mouth water... and we were seated very close to a window, so watching the animals go by while we ate was simple spectacular

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast