Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kitchen Sink Tour July 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I does sound like you had all sorts of fun over the weekend :D

It was so strange to instantly feel like we had been friends for years!!!!
    This has happened to me so many times when meeting on-line friends that I don't even notice it anymore.

The very first time I met Johnie I walked up to her, said hi, and then took a big bite out of the sandwhich she was eating because I was starving Lucky for me that she still loves me :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    And hopefully it will be the same when we eventually meet up!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizneyblonde, post: 10048
    And hopefully it will be the same when we eventually meet up!!
    It will be, especially if I'm hungry and you're holding an Italian beef sandwhich

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, Ok - I know I said you'd have to wait but there's nothing on tv so I got started. I cannot promise everything is in the right order or that there is nothing missing but I can promise a general overview of what we did and, eventualy, some Kitchen Sink photo's! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a fairly quick journey down to the ferry and in no time at all we were across the water and into Torpoint then arriving at Teresa, Robyn and Jack’s house.

After a chat and a much needed cup of tea we headed out for fish and chips but not before I had shown Teresa Claire’s birthday cake.

I had spent ages picking this cake from the two that were available, I chose this one as it had the least dents in it. This turned out to be a very wise decision as by the time I this cake had travelled from Tesco’s to my house then from my house to Teresa’s it was looking a bit worse for wear! The slightly squashed effect was not a big deal in comparison the fact the poor cake almost went flower side down on Teresa’s kitchen floor not 15 minutes after I’d carefully brought it into the house!

Teresa took the cake out of the now battered box intending on returning it into it’s original round shape, the board the cake was based on was flimsier than tracing paper and had it not been for Teresa’s lightening quick reflexes the whole thing would have been donated to the crisp eating cat Billy!

So, cake disaster averted, we headed out for fish (cake) and chips …

Chatted to Claire msn for a while

I ‘supervised’ Teresa and Jack building a new unit then Jack rummaged through their holiday dvd box and brought out an oldie for us to watch while we enjoyed a glass, erm, bottle of wine and chatted about anything we wanted to chat about!

Post Thanks / Like
    On Friday night we headed to bed around 1am secure in the knowledge Claire wouldn’t be arriving earlier than lunchtime tomorrow so no matter if we had a mini lie-in….

Well, Claire only went and set off early and didn’t get lost once! Claire’s earlier than thought departure had Teresa and myself in a bit of a tizz, we needed to stick candles in the cake (after fixing the broken one with 16 years old matches!), blow up the balloon’s, write out the birthdays cards and then take the helium balloon back to the shop Teresa bought it from for inflating all in around 17 minutes!

And we had to eat breakfast first!

But we managed it!

In the end it turned out to be perfect timing as we pulled up near the ferry just before Claire drove off it.

When Claire and Dannielle pulled in behind us Teresa and myself we out of the car super quick and once again it was like hugging an old friend, Ooops, old friends! (Sorry Dannii!)

Claire and Dannii followed us back to Teresa’s. Once back in the house we sent Claire upstairs to pee so we could tie the helium balloon up with her surprise, luckily she really did need to pee!

When we heard her coming down we, or at least I, screamed Happy Birthday’ and I think had she not just pee-d my screeching at her 8 minutes after we met may have brought on an accident!

Claire was chuffed to bits with her cake and balloons so it was well worth the effort of getting the darn thing from Yorkshire to Cornwall in one piece!

Post Thanks / Like
    After tea and chatting Teresa made us lunch from the stuff Claire had brought down with her, Ham or Cheese sandwiches and ladies crisps …

While Teresa had been slaving away over bread and crisps we decided that the Kitchen sink didn’t look authentic enough so with Claire’s arty skills and my bossy ones we attached a tap!

At some stage we lighted the candles for Claire to blow out (she’s 34 on Tuesday!) been a lovely lass Claire insisted that as we all had a birthday this year we should all blow, so we did.

Teresa demonstrating the potential disaster of a cake on a not too sturdy cake board!

Then after more chatting and giggling we all gathered round to watch a Kitchen Sink been made on youtube. Teresa made a shopping list then Jack checked the contents of the kitchen and ticked of anything already on the premises and we headed out to purchase the remaining items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have any of you ever been kicked out of Sommerfield? No, well neither have we but I am very sure we came very close to been booted out and getting our mug shots in the window proclaiming we were all banned from any Sommerfield property for the remainder of our natural lives.

We weren’t naughty or anything, just very giggly, a bit loud and we took photo’s. I may carry my camera almost everywhere but this was my first time taking a pic of a freezer cabinet!

This ones is for Hannah, Dannii spotted him on the way out and decided he was ‘perfect for her’ It’s a bit far away but I’m sure you get the jist!

Post Thanks / Like
    With the shopping done everyone, well Teresa, was free from driving responsibilities and therefore it was time to grab the glasses and break open a bottle. Bucks Fizz was first up and very nice it was too!

At some point, perhaps an hour or so later (I swear every time we glanced at the clock several hours had passed, we were having that much fun the day was passing at a ridiculous pace!) Robyn heated the oven for Teresa to chuck in some pizza’s. We needed some starch to compensate for all the sugar we were planning to consume.

While the pizza’s were in the oven Claire took both mine and her camera’s on a tour of Teresa’s house taking photo’s of anything and everything Disney related. This took quite a while as Teresa’s house is full of Disney stuff, it’s great!

At some point, prior to the Kitchen sink but after the Bucks Fizz Claire helped Robyn ‘Spoon’ (ask your nearest teenager) her hair and Dannii tried on a couple of dresses Robyn had outgrown.

Scrap booking, lap topping, chatting and giggling followed and after the Bucks Fizz was drunk we went on the search for the 1.5 litre bottle of wine that had ‘fallen’ into Claire’s Tesco shopping trolley.

Eventually, we decided the Kitchen Sink time was upon us…..

Post Thanks / Like
    awww looks like you ladies had such a fabulous time! It's really amazing how many great friendships the internet has helped create

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow....That looks like it was a GREAT weekend!!!!!
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast