Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help - is the Dining Plan good value?

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually get the DDP, but we are only there 7-8 days at a time and usually don't leave Disney property. The only exception for you I think is if you wanted to tru 5 or 6/ 2 credit places. That would free up the rest of the time to be spontaneous!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi we are just back ( to this awful weather ) the DP was good value as we got it free with the accommodation and park tickets.
    The DP worked for us. Yes you have to book the places to eat in advance but this includes the character meals at no extra cost. 4 years ago we went to Chef Mickeys and it cost over 200 for 5 of us.

We kept a note of what we would have paid for the meals, snacks etc if not on the dining plan and for 7 days, it came out over 1000! We would definitely do it again if its on offer (which it is for bookings between August and November 2010). Not sure though that I'd pay 27 each per day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just keep in mind, anyone thinking about this, I don't think it's really all together 'free' when they advertise it as such because (as someone mentioned earlier) to get it you have to pay full rack rate on the room....no discounts allowed which stinks
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. If your able to get the regular dining plan free with the value resorts, it can still be a pretty good deal.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    they did some more changes on the DP as far as if you are staying at a value resort that you now only get quick service meals. And if you want the nicer places you have to pay to add that 'plan' on. A friend of mine told me & was upset about it so I asked a friend of mine who works for Disney Reservations and she confirmed that it was true & I thought it was almost insulting. Not sure how I feel about that if it is indeed true. I haven't actually researched it myself beyond asking my friend who works for Disney.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is true and it's not true...Typical Disney lol

We've done the bounce back offer (where you book next year's free dining while you are taking advantage of this year's free dining). We've been able to get the reg dining plan at a value that way.

But, some offers only allow the quick service plan at the values. That does irritate me. As does the fact that all the resorts EXCEPT the values get a free fridge in room.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it bothered me too because I think it's a little insulting.
    I didn't realize the values didn't have a fridge. That's not right either. Having a fridge, even just a mini one, can really be nice & help save money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123