Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Lessons

Post Thanks / Like
    Truly it has been a week of such utter craziness that I told myself on Monday, "Self...if you can just make it until Friday you can drink all of the Jeremiah Sweet Tea Vodka you want."

I *DID* make it to Friday...by the hair of chinny chin chin. And I am EXHAUSTED. I know that MANY of you are currently sharing in my nightmarish lifestyle, so I thought I'd share with you a few lessons I've learned this week of the utmost importance.

• Any day that requires 4 changes of shoes to complete is going to be bad. Very bad. And long. Don't forget long.
    • Always, always, ALWAYS hold the door open for the police officer who is behind you at Dunkin Donuts. Because then, ten minutes later when he pulls you over for accelerating through the yellow (read: red) light and walks up to your car, he will remember you fondly, tip his hat, wink and say, "Thanks for holding the door, ma'am, slow down a bit now ok?"
    • When your boss says something insensitive and you want to throw her out the window, don't. But when she asks you if she hurt your feelings, be honest. Gently. But be honest. Because then, after the event that you have been painstakingly planning for two months is over, she'll feel guilty and give you the case of left over wine.
    • Never be too busy to listen to a friend. Yes, they *are* that important.
    • Listen to children. They are wise beyond your own years.
    • When you arrive at work, gather all of your belongings (which at this point is practically the entire contents of your closet, kitchen and bathroom) and you stumble and drop it all...don't consider it an accident, consider it an opportunity to view the gorgeous colors of fall from a different angle. And then be glad your brand new camera wasn't one of the things in your hands.
    • If your daughter TELLS you her room is clean, don't believe her. Ever.
    • Bake. It's good for the soul.
    • Hold a baby as often as you can.

Anybody else?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm liking the life lessons...... I would like to add.....

. Twister Ice lollies and drinks of lucozade can cure even the worst case of man flu
    . Passing your test and not having a car IS the end of the world... DON'T listen to your parents.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    And answer your texts as I never did get to buy that ornament for a special someone .

Post Thanks / Like
    Good life lessons indeed

Always make time for people so that they don't have to ask

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Say "I'm sorry" and "I love you" more often than you think you should...because one day it might be your last opportunity to say either one, and you'll wish you'd taken the time.

Don't just talk to your children, LISTEN to them. Really listen. That means not simply nodding impatiently while they talk, with your mind on something else. Listen. Because the day may come when they stop wanting to tell you anything at all.

Even if you don't feel photogenic--get out from behind the camera--even if your hair's a mess or you don't have makeup on, or you feel a bit extra "fluffy". Be in the photographs that are such an important part of vivid family memories.

Let nothing stand in the way of happiness. Not chores. Not money (or the pursuit of it). Not demands on your time. Most especially, not fear. Grab onto your joy with both hands, and only let go long enough to share it with others.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never say "just a minute" to your child. That minute will be lost forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trust your instincts

Take your 16 year old son, who is troubling you beyond words, to see The Lion King . And see the little boy he once was,and know that he is still in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    these are all fantastic...they are all making me a bit leaky :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneybumble, post: 173364
    Trust your instincts

Take your 16 year old son, who is troubling you beyond words, to see The Lion King . And see the little boy he once was,and know that he is still in there.
    that's great isn't it!

sorry you're having a bad time Becca, will try and think of something to say, not like me to be lost for words lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Becca !
    Always make time for your elderly parents , they will not be here forever and you will miss them and beat yourself up for it later on .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast