Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Exclusively for Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, I love it!! I used to buy D&B purses all the time back in the late 90's/early '00's...but then they seemed to go thru a transformation where they became the purse of choice for teen girls and, well, I'm far from being a teen girl & the print became more youth oriented..so I quit buying them. This may rekindle my love for the brand!! Even tho this does have a bit of a youthful whimsy to it, it's Disney so who cares, lol ;)
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    i cant wait to get to disney the 1st place we are headed is bag hunting suppose i better tell Dave that :)

Post Thanks / Like
    there completely sold out everywhere and none in the warehouse and they dont know when there getting them back in :( they dont have any of any sizes :(

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW, I'm really sorry to hear this Ann . that they come in for you before you leave . We saw them on a Thursday and went back on Friday and purchased one . It's sad that people whether they be CM's or what have you , sell them on ebay for big $$$ . I saw one seller that was taking advance orders, thats why I said possible CM .

Post Thanks / Like
    a seller on ebay was taking advanced orders?? Really, that almost sounds like it has to be a CM. That's not right :( I'd love to have one but I refuse to pay any inflated ebay price for one. Don't want it that much.

Post Thanks / Like
    yup, seriously, BT !!! I attend the pin events and you have to fill out a reserved pin form . You can imagine if theres a nice pin thats limited too 250 and yopu have 1300 in attendance , the pin is a hit or miss . It's like the lottery and a surprise the day you pick your pins up . Event guests most times bring up to 8 family members . They all order the same pin and get at least two of those rare pins . They sell them on ebay before they are even sure that they are going to receive that pin , with a money back guarantee, just in case . It's a rackett !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked on ebay and no longer see that auction . They are now being listed as Sold Out . Perhaps, Disney got wind of this . I was told if Disney finds out that CM's are selling exclusive pins , its a big NoNo . if thats a rumour or not, but don't want to post misleading information . I hope Disney gets a lot in before daveann leaves . The purse from what I remember says Disneyland also . Perhaps, if anyone lives near DL, they can check . Very

Post Thanks / Like
    you know I used to collect Disney pins a lot more seriously than I do now & I would look on ebay & what I used to wonder is where in the world all these sellers are getting official Disney pins & selling them for super cheap amounts. These would be pins, granted common, but that I would have just seen in the parks for $6.50 & they would sell on ebay for less than $2. Where are they getting them???

Post Thanks / Like
    They scour the parks and gather as many different pins as possible trading scrappers . copied from diz pins

Scrappers are pins that were made in the factories in China over the allotment made by Disney. Are they a Disney pin? Yes they are.. but they are pins over and above the allotment "ordered" by Disney. So in essence, they could be called illegally made Disney Pins. Sometimes when the "second illegal run" of the pin is done, there are differences noted, but it can only be known comparing two pins side by side. These pins can also be classified as counterfeits.
    Also, if the pin is made for Disney, and there is some error or variation noted, the pin may be "thrown on the floor" to be "discarded". Thus, the term "scrapper", as the pin should have been "scrapped". Unfortunately, they are not discarded and those may be the pins you are seeing being sold. When a pin is made, a mold is used. For whatever reason, the mold is not destroyed, so these pins can be reproduced again. What is happening, is that some overseas factories are making more pins for individuals who ask for them.

Recently, a factory in China has been soliciting individuals not associated with Disney to purchase Disney Pins without the authority of Disney.

Dealers buy these pins very cheap and then they trade and or sell . When trading a scrapper they then sell the original Disney pin and are still turning a profit .

When I buy lots of disney pins on ebay to trade , I buy from a few reputable pin dealers and mostly get hidden mickey cast pins .
    I got a scrapper once in the parks . It was a series of *3 * Hidden Mickey cast lanyard pins . The treasure chest said 4 of 5 . I handed it in at guest services .

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Tink, I was not aware of all of that. Interesting. I do buy lots on ebay to trade during our trips but they have always appeared to be like the pins I see in the park. I really wouldn't know though if they are that good that you have to compare them side by side. That's awful. I would think Disney would be keeping a really good eye on the factories that make their pins to ensure this doesn't happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast