Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IS the rose and crown good?

Post Thanks / Like
    We're looking through all the epcot choices and the menu for the rose and crown looks tasty but is it any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been to the Rose and Crown for two years, but when my family and I went, we enjoyed it very much. In our party were two kids who were in a "picky eater" phase, and they found acceptable menu options. I remember having the Bangers and Mash and being very happy with it. Our server was a young man from Kent who was serving out his last three days of the Disney CM program before heading home; he was genial and very attentive to our requests.
    I'd definitely eat there again...and although as an American (who's never been lucky enough to visit England), I can't tell you if the food was "authentic" British fare, I can tell you it was flavorful and filling!
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember the food being very British and very authentic from my experince!

The staff were all very friendly, with many being from England. When waiting for our table we were asked which area of England we were from and the staff found another member of staff which was from the town next door to ours!!

The foods great, along with Bangers and mash, theres fish and chips and i remember there being pie and chips!

Does anyone know if the rose and crown still do the giant chocolate spaceship earths with mouse in the middle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww no. Those desserts haven't been around in awhile.

The sausages for the bangers and mash are made especially for the Rose and Crown from a manufacturer in Sarasota, FL. The food is what you might find in a local pub in the UK (or Ireland) but it's made with American ingredients. As one who has had mussels in Ireland, I can attest to the differences in the "same" item dependent upon where it is you are getting it.

So, all that to say, yes it's good food. I particularly like the bangers and mash, and Herself really likes the cottage and shepherd pies.

They used to do a nice lemon posset too, but they no longer have that on the menu.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate there in January for the first time inside & were a tad disappointed. The service was excellent, we loved our waiter! But the food didn't really grab us. Plus my husband got the exact same thing he usually gets at the walk up window but had to pay more for it (the cost of getting to sit in the restaurant I suppose). We haven't written it off as a 'never again' place but we aren't rushing back.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually eat at the R&C at least once during our trip and have an ADR for the next trip too.
    I am a creature of habit and have the leek and potato soup followed by cod & chips. Always been very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 173499
    We ate there in January for the first time inside & were a tad disappointed. The service was excellent, we loved our waiter! But the food didn't really grab us. Plus my husband got the exact same thing he usually gets at the walk up window but had to pay more for it (the cost of getting to sit in the restaurant I suppose). We haven't written it off as a 'never again' place but we aren't rushing back.
    There is a thread about this on another forum and they are saying the same, weekends are a no no very rowdy and the new American chef thinks the english love salt ?
    We have not eaten there recently but the take away F & C was really good and worth the Q
    Barbara
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TIGGERS VILLA
    WWW.FLORIDAGOLFVACATIONVILLA.COM
    BILL AND BARBARA WELCOME YOU
    01709 881502

Post Thanks / Like
    We noticed a heavy salt hand on many of the F&W festival samples. I am not sure what that is all about, but I'm a salt user, so it I say something is salty, it has serious amounts of salt in/on it!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure where you are from but it certainly isn't standard British fare they serve up there it is certainly very 'americanised' we usually eat there once or twice to get some veg.

Its a nice place to get apint of guiness though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 173596
    We usually eat at the R&C at least once during our trip and have an ADR for the next trip too.
    I am a creature of habit and have the leek and potato soup followed by cod & chips. Always been very nice.
    Love leek and potato soup especially in COLD weather. Don't remember whether I have tried it at the R&C or not though. My personal opinion is that, like most of the countries, the food is too Americanized. I'm sorry but if you want to give people a true taste of what the food is like in a given country then for Pete's sake bring in chefs from that country and get it cooked properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 173629
    We noticed a heavy salt hand on many of the F&W festival samples. I am not sure what that is all about, but I'm a salt user, so it I say something is salty, it has serious amounts of salt in/on it!
    Tink, I noticed that also. I use very little salt and most of what I use is called Salt Sense.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast