Thread: Oh no....when I'm away at WDW...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sooooooooo upset! I have just found out that Splash Mountain is closed for Refurb when I go in January It's my most favourite WDW thing

If I ask them nicely do you think they'll keep it open for me? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    yep refurbs are the worst and we werereally upset one year when splash was down for all but 3 days of the trip.

Just see it as an excuse to go again another time as there is so so soooo much else to do.

Also you never know rehabs have been known to start and end early

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there for a vaca once & Splash Mtn. was closed the entire trip. It really bummed us out as that's one of our very favorite rides. But like Tink said, we've also been before expecting somethign to be closed & get there & it's not so keep those fingers crossed Deb!!
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'll just have to hope for some Disney magic....it is scheduled to be closed the whole of our trip time! I was singing "Zippedeedoodah!" when I was walking the dogs yesterday thinking of going on SM (don't worry, there was no one else around :D ) and it is one of the very few things that I really hate to miss...the other would be Tower of Terror....that would make me cry if that were closed! :cry: And yes Chris, it is an excuse to go again! I have already extracted a promise that we can :D

Blizzard Beach is closed all the time too, and I was really looking forward to a day there as I much prefer it to Typhoon Lagoon I can just about live with that though

Post Thanks / Like
    ya know, I guess refurbs are the price to pay when going during the off season :( I'd still rather take my chances & have less heat & less crowds of people! I'm going in July & tho I'm sure that everything will be up & running, I'm also sure I'll be standing in some heat & some lines, lol.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    you may find it open as it was supposed to be in rehab when we were there last but it was open most of the time cross your fingers and just hope :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that's good to know Ann! It's nice to know there is at least a small chance! I definintely will keep my fingers crossed, and I guess I just keep an eye open re Blizzard Beach when we're there