Thread: one of my favorite things about autumn...

Post Thanks / Like
    is driving on a windy day when the leaves are blowing off the trees & all around my car. Isn't that just lovely! It's almost so fantastic I can't drive safely for taking it all in! lol :D
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    it is....
    and its so relaxing.. especially on a bright sunny day, I just love the color of the sky in the autumn

Post Thanks / Like
    i hate autumn...........it's so long till Spring

Post Thanks / Like
    Autmn is my favorite time of year. I love all the colors and the weather is usually just perfect around here.

I hate winter blech. It's rainy, cold and miserable. Plus it's dark when I go to and from work

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love autumn days, as long as they are like theyre supposed to be, cant stand it when they are grey and wet - makes those lovely leaves all slippery and not crunchy!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 173694
    I love autumn days, as long as they are like theyre supposed to be, cant stand it when they are grey and wet - makes those lovely leaves all slippery and not crunchy!!
    Crunchy leaves are the best! Yesterday the whole family went to Hawks Nest state park & it was gorgeous. I loved walking thru & crunching on all the leaves on the pathways. Plus the smell of autumn, it was thick yesterday. It's also my favorite time of year. This has been a particularly pretty one too since we've had a good amount of rain, the leaves haven't dried up before they could turn colors.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the scents of autumn. Why do dried leaves smell so good? I can't resent raking them when they smell nice! (Only the piles of dry ones, though, wet ones just smell like rotted yuckness!) I used to love jumping into big old heaps of 'em when I was a kid...or hiding down inside a leaf pile and waiting for my little sister to wander by so I could jump up and yell "BOO!"

Nutmeg, clove, cinnamon, ginger--the spices we don't use as much until there's a chill in the air, I love the scent of those, too. Maybe because they hint at all the holiday baking soon to come?
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.