Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW watch

Post Thanks / Like
    Two years back, I bought myself a watch in the World of Disney shop. About a month ago, the strap snapped through wear and tare.
    Having a few days off from work at last, I have tried to have the strap replaced but no one can do it for me....from a key cutting booth to jewellers.

Apparently the section which is normally pinned either side of the face is solid.

I love the watch and don't want to throw it out over a strap.

Do you think Disney themselves may help me?

Post Thanks / Like
    my lovely Skaagen watch broke a couple of months back - I emailed skaagen who took a while to email back but have said they will replace the strap if i post it to them

Post Thanks / Like
    The Disney watches should have come with a little paper telling you who to send it to in case something happens, do you still have that?

Of course, if they are still selling the watch at Disney, you can probably get them to exchange it out for you. I did that a few years ago with my Stitch Elvis watch.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Johnie. I do still have the box, off to have a look.......

Post Thanks / Like
    The paper I have is for a one year warrenty....I've had the watch 2 years this December :(
    The watch still works fine, I just can't wear it!!!
    There is no email address or telephone number on the paper for a contact.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously mine was nearly 3 years old and the manufacturer is changing the strap

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'd take it with me to Florida and see if Disney still carries it. If they do, then they should swap it out. I didn't even have my receipt and they did it for me.

If they don't carry it, I'd send it to the manufactorer and see if they will repair.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Take it with you and ask them Diane, cant do any harm!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 174160
    Well I'd take it with me to Florida and see if Disney still carries it. If they do, then they should swap it out. I didn't even have my receipt and they did it for me.

If they don't carry it, I'd send it to the manufactorer and see if they will repair.
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news , but Disney has changed its return policy whether they carry the item or not . They either want a receipt or the tag and the item must now be unused . I have a pair of 14karat Mickey dangle earrings that snapped whileb I was there . Took them to WOD and spoke to Bertie thats been at the jewelry department 28 years G-d Bless Her and even though they still had the earrings , notta . No receipt, box and they were used . I brought them home and they are with my ring being repaired at the jewelers .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very surprised to hear that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast