Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My daughter's friend

Post Thanks / Like
    I sometimes wonder about dd's friends Mum but on the face of it she seems quite normal. She works 9 - 5 and has a catering business as well. The one thing I have noticed over the years is that she never did any 'girly' things with her dd. She didnt take her swimming, to the cinema, to the park etc. When she had a birthday party, it was dd's friend who organised it and bought all the food with her pocket money. There were none of her Mum's cakes or great food that she makes (she always said she didnt have the time). It all makes sense now as to how she felt abandoned. Im sure she was no angel but here is a girl who has been self sufficient for years and has still managed to keep it all together without any real love or guidance. I hope she can make it in this world alone. At least my dd wont let her down or forget her.

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 8729
    I sometimes wonder about dd's friends Mum but on the face of it she seems quite normal. She works 9 - 5 and has a catering business as well. The one thing I have noticed over the years is that she never did any 'girly' things with her dd. She didnt take her swimming, to the cinema, to the park etc. When she had a birthday party, it was dd's friend who organised it and bought all the food with her pocket money. There were none of her Mum's cakes or great food that she makes (she always said she didnt have the time). It all makes sense now as to how she felt abandoned. Im sure she was no angel but here is a girl who has been self sufficient for years and has still managed to keep it all together without any real love or guidance. I hope she can make it in this world alone. At least my dd wont let her down or forget her.

Margaret
    to your wonderful dd, and to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    What a wonderful daughter you have. Thank heaven the other girl has her too.

Sounds like the mother may have not been accepting of her pregnancy and has taken it out on the poor child all her life.

It's terribly hard, but perhaps things are starting to look up for the girl. A room of her own must seem like a castle to her.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Helps keep things in perspective, doesn't it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my goodness, that is such a sad thing to read - you must feel so bad about the situation. It's difficult to understand why a mother would treat her daughter in this way, she is so lucky to have a friend like your DD and yourself to worry and care about her, i do so hope her future works out well for her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12