Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concert with my daughter tonight & I'm a mess

Post Thanks / Like
    So tonight my 16 yo Courtney & I are going to a concert to see The Avett Brothers (a 'grungegrass' trio that's really good). It was supposed to be my husband & I but after he surprised me & bought the tickets we discovered it was trick or treat night here :(
    So someone has to be home with Paige so she can go out in our neighborhood.
    I'm having such anxiety over this tho! I swear, I have always had that problem to a point but since the aneurysm I really can get myself worked up over things. This is something I should be excited about but instead I'm worried about driving around on trick or treat night, worried about finding a parking spot close to the venue, worried how the crowd will be at the show & worried about walking out after 11pm back to the car with my daughter. I get nervous in those situations when I'm the responsible adult. I know I sound like a complete nutjob but I am really trying to not let it get to me. I honestly just want to not go but Courtney is so excited about it I can't do that to her (or waste the money spent on tickets). I wish I knew why I was like this. I wish I could just enjoy life a little more rather than fretting over everything. I haven't let her know how nervous I am but she's pretty good at seeing through me.
    Does anyone else suffer from anything like this? I really worry the older I get the more of a recluse I'll become & I don't want that to happen
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear, you're not alone my love.

i worry over what seem like really silly things, going grocery shopping sometimes worries me....i know not why as i've done it so many times! i also worry about parking when i go to town, and i know i would be stressing if i was in your position!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're not alone.

You wouldn't believe the things I worry about.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're not a nutjob. Sometimes my thought process is "I know l was worrying about something, Ah l've forgotten it" and then l worry that the original worry has gone.

See who's the nutjob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    You are most certainly NOT alone, it would almost be considered abnormal not to have anxieties like this after all you have been through.

I would give anything to be able to go through life without a care in the world, drifting from one thiong to another, but instead I neurotically obsess about everything and spend most of the time being anxious and miserable.

Don't know if you get the Mr Men books over there but when we were asigning names to each of us in the family - the kids ( and Lisa) labelled me Mr Worry without a seconds hesitation.

The only way to beat it is to keep facing your demons - only then do you beat them, but it takes time. Self confidence is like a house of cards , takes an age to build and 2 seconds to knock the whole thing down x

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174497
    I would give anything to be able to go through life without a care in the world, drifting from one thiong to another, but instead I neurotically obsess about everything and spend most of the time being anxious and miserable.
    Me too. Currently we have a holiday to WDW booked for next August - our first trip for 7 years. I am absolutely terrified something bad will happen and we can't go. One of us will get ill or something. There's also the issue of having a young child that I need to get to adulthood. The "what ifs" have a lot to answer for in this house.

We need a secrets support group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Secrets IS a support group , its got me through a lot . As soon as you realise how fragile life is the world becomes a much scarier place , especially if you have dependants

Post Thanks / Like
    The "what ifs" should be banned. I am so worried about getting ill in the next week. It';s clouding my judgement on normal things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    What if you win the lottery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast