Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASA launch Aries x-1

Post Thanks / Like
    The first launch happened yesterday of the first new spacecraft for nearly 3 decades. Part of a programme that will see us back to the moon and beyond.

The most fabulous part of this is watching thomas' face when he sees this. He is very aware that history is being made right now in his lifetime and you can see the wonder in his eyes. He also checks the 'new horizons' probe daily which is going to Pluto and the kuiper belt and has a cd on board that bears his name :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Did u see that NASA has an app for the iPhone?

Post Thanks / Like
    indeed we were looking at it at his bedtime last night, he was watching the launch on it - its a very good App

Post Thanks / Like
    they say we will never go back to the moon for yrrrrrrrrrrrs :( was even thinking of scrapping the aries project altogether (both rockets) :(
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Then why launch the prototype 2 days ago -= there were a few minor problems but nothing unsurmountable - thats why they do unmanned tests

Post Thanks / Like
    i saw a programme the other day and the said they were pretty close to scrapping the whole project no so long ago...because of the cost, and also said they doubt they will ever get back to the moon in my lifetime...if its that expensive why dont other countries chip as well, as maybe the project is in the planets interests in the long run :)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    All the official sites say constellation is good to go. Seriously Mick they wouldn't have gone ahead this week otherwise. A lot of the counter stuff is from acouple of years back pre Obama he is, as far as I know firmly behind the project. The impact test carried out3 weeks ago and the lcross programme are all part of this. I will place a fiver on it going ahead ;). I know people involved :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174705
    All the official sites say constellation is good to go. Seriously Mick they wouldn't have gone ahead this week otherwise. A lot of the counter stuff is from acouple of years back pre Obama he is, as far as I know firmly behind the project. The impact test carried out3 weeks ago and the lcross programme are all part of this. I will place a fiver on it going ahead ;). I know people involved :D
    i seriously hope so, i cant wait for it all to get going, and i hope we get back to the moon in my lifetime or hope we find something so we live forever than i will lol...id seriously luv to go up into space ive been hooked since apollo 8....and im determined to get to ksc on my next trip, its been put off now 4 times :(
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Its an inspirational place to go, and when we went pretty empty too , they are all very excited about Constellation

The thing is it will HAVE to go ahead as the shuttle is on its last legs and they need a launch vehicle to service the ISS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174750
    Its an inspirational place to go, and when we went pretty empty too , they are all very excited about Constellation

The thing is it will HAVE to go ahead as the shuttle is on its last legs and they need a launch vehicle to service the ISS
    yeah your right about the shuttle, not many more launches left are there, do you know when the last one is due up

cant wait, esp to stand next to the saturn 5 rocket, what an awesome sight that must be :)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast