Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASA launch Aries x-1

Post Thanks / Like
    That was my Fav part of the whole trip, something I had dreamed about since I was a kid, think I was alive when Gene Cernan left the moon but I can only have been in nappies.

You go into the original mission control room from the launch there is a presentation and then you go through into a hanger where the Saturn V is lying on its side in its stages it is an awesome sight. We had lunch under it . Thomas wanted the table closest to it and he picked the chair closest to it as well and just kept gazing up at it

Even Aries V will not be as powerful as the Saturn V

Must get round to putting my pics up of NASA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174754
    That was my Fav part of the whole trip, something I had dreamed about since I was a kid, think I was alive when Gene Cernan left the moon but I can only have been in nappies.

You go into the original mission control room from the launch there is a presentation and then you go through into a hanger where the Saturn V is lying on its side in its stages it is an awesome sight. We had lunch under it . Thomas wanted the table closest to it and he picked the chair closest to it as well and just kept gazing up at it

Even Aries V will not be as powerful as the Saturn V

Must get round to putting my pics up of NASA
    sounds awesome chris...i heard there are two tours as well, a long & short version is that true?

yeah please when you have time would be great to see them
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few different tours - we just did the basic one and it was more than enough to fill a day. I would defo go straight for the buses as soon as you go through the gates they stop off at several locations and you can spend as long as you like at each then get on a bus to the next stop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174757
    There are a few different tours - we just did the basic one and it was more than enough to fill a day. I would defo go straight for the buses as soon as you go through the gates they stop off at several locations and you can spend as long as you like at each then get on a bus to the next stop
    oh ok cool didnt know that...thx mate
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    In the rocket garden they have the original walkway from apollo 11 so you can walk the same gantry as Neil Armstrong , THAT is pretty cool

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a rather interesting NASA video of the Aries X-1 flight taken from the vantage point of a small aircraft that NASA had up at 12,000 feet. You can watch the entire flight!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A4l2wxbMEQg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A4l2wxbMEQg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tom (... this is just too cool!)

Post Thanks / Like

each night me an d the boy read the Twitter feeds and comments from p[eople involved in the project there is a real buzz about this, we are going back and to be in on it from th eoff is a very exciting thing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12