Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Kindle

Post Thanks / Like
    I just received it in the mail today. I would like to open it up and play with it. I have ordered two books already (one was free). :D

Once I give it a go I will share my thoughts and maybe some photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo yes please :> photos and thoughts would be great
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it bad that I'm super excited?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can give an early review. Just opened the box last night and charged it. It took only 3 hours to full charge, but keep in mind you can use while charging. Its and a/c charger. It's super light weight and was easy to navigate.

There are a few buttons, along with the key board towards the bottom. The "next page" button is on the left and right, so it adapts for both lefties and righties. :D

Now after I ordered the Kindle, I put in an order for a book. When I turned on the Kindle the book was already downloaded, which occurred as soon as I turned it on. The Kindle comes with the user guide already downloaded as well.

The Kindle comes registered to the person who bought it and is attached to that amazon account. Which is nice for those who are buying for themselves, but a little bit of a hassle for those buying it as a gift. To change it requires unregistering and then registering for another account.

I love that you can change the font size, I believe there are about 5 choices (can't remember right now, I'm at school on a break). No need to read anything in small print again.

The Kindle store is easy to navigate, it kinda looks like the amazon page with reviews, and prices, etc.

I also adore the onboard dictionary, just place the cursor next to a word and it allows you to see the definition.

And yes, you can basically take a portion, highlight, and/or then make comments. Then these can be saved as "my clippings" Then when you read that book/page again you will see a little note directing you to your comments should you want to read them.

I read the first page of my new book (along with the user guide)and to be honest, it really does look like a paper back page.

I will post photos when I can.
    Hope this was a decent enough review. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent :D cant wait to see photos
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    As promised. :D Sorry the first one is a little blurry.
    [ATTACH]4731.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4732.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4733.vB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4734.vB[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Ok. Your are starting to get me very interested! :D

So then? Do you like it so far?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely really like it. I just downloaded a few free books. :D

Post Thanks / Like
    What sorts of titles are free? Is there a wealth of titles for the machine to begin with? I tend to read either brain candy or non-fiction/professional works. Do they have a wide variety?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There are some modern free books, but I just found a ton (ok, slight exaggeration) of classics for free...from Dracula to Pride and Prejudice.

I actually have not found a book that I want that has not been available.

Oh, I briefly saw that they have textbooks, now I did not see for what majors, etc, as I did not click on the link.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast