Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kindle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so excited, I'm getting a Kindle from Amazon!

Between my birthday and Christmas I will have enough gift money to buy one! And I will have my Christmas money before Christmas.

I'm am so stoked!

Post Thanks / Like

wassa kindle?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you will have to let me know how you like it....Ihave been seriously looking at one.

Only downfall is is that it doesn't smell like a book

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, the book smell will gone, but this doesn't mean I will never buy book again. In fact, very soon I will be buying the Patrick Swayze book.

Post Thanks / Like
    They look amazing things but I'm afraid I am too much into the tactile sensation of reading and smelling a book :D weird I know but its all part of it for me

plus if I drop it in the bath its only 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Not weird at all skywatcher....I am very much the same way. However, the Kindle does intrigue me.

Reading in the bath? What a luxury that I don't ever get to do

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 174806
    They look amazing things but I'm afraid I am too much into the tactile sensation of reading and smelling a book :D weird I know but its all part of it for me

plus if I drop it in the bath its only 5
    I must admit I feel the same way and will be sad to see the inevitable change in how books are used over time.

However the new technology is exciting too. Newspapers and the like can be delivered every day automagically, less trees cut down. All favourite books on one little device along with internet too of course :)

(ps. Apple are really going for this market q1 next year it would appear with their own better kindle built to a price and are already talking to content providers. Sony and others of course already have their own ebooks, so it'll be interesting to see what Apple do but I reckon it'll be good)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This one can hold 1500 books. And yep, it can have magazines, blogs, and newspapers delivered. The books are downloaded in 60 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    They will probablyc ome with an aged smell and a choice of paper turning noises

I fully agree about newspapers, I said to my Dad that I think newspapers will be gone in a generation as they are the single worst commodity for the environment, trees cut down to make a product that has a shelf life of less than a day - madness in the modern age of scrolling news channels

He, needless to say disagreed and we had one of our ' arguments'

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast