Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank God it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll have to let me know how the medifast works Tink. I need to lose some weight myself.
    Me too, but I've checked out the price of some of those types of things and It's way beyond my budget right now. I wish the insurance companies would pay part of the cost for those of us who need to lose a significant amount of weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the meal replacement system, Tink!

No rest for the wicked this weekend--I have a ton of stuff to do at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, so far I've survived two meals.

It is pricey Dorothy, but it's easier for us as we don't have a family to cook for also. Our food budget pays for the plan. Plus, when the doc says do it or we'll be taking drastic actions (icky meds and that sort of thing) you just whimp out and say, "Yes Ma'am." :sigh;

I'll keep you all posted though. It really had better work. I'm looking at some serious issues if it doesn't.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well then, I'm crossing BOTH fingers that you find it's something you can adjust to...

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be interested to see how it work for you too Tink. A couple of my Mom's co-workers have doen the lap-band thing and it's worked well, Except for not being able to eat beef, or bread...two things that I love.. I did Weight Watchers last spring, and the result of that is currently laying on a play mat in the living room playing with his toes..:p

Anywho, happy Friday all!!! I'm trying to catch up on a week's worth of laundry...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't you eat beef or bread with a lap band?

I mentioned (just briefly mind) surgical interventions and my doc nearly choked me, so I'm guessing she's not in favor of those procedures.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched a programme the other night about gastric band surgery in the uk and they were fitting one to a 17 year old boy!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the gastric bypass in Dec 2000. I'm not a fan. Apparently if you don't almost die, then it really doesn't seem to work for you. I am proof of that.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Tink, post: 9036"]Why can't you eat beef or bread with a lap band? [QUOTE]

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the texture... that even after chewing well, it just king of gets stuck and has to come back up..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    You did Johnie? Hmmmm... did the doc say why it didn't work for you? One of my relatives is an ER nurse and she said she sees lots of complications from gastric bypass surgeries. Kinda scares me...

Oh, well. Guess I'm sorry I asked about that one luvthemouse!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast