Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thank God it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well back then they said it worked by limiting the amount of food you can ingest but you could eat anything you wanted. They've now changed that. I can't eat very much in one sitting (never could really) but I am frequently hungry in a couple of hours. They did an x-ray and everything is fine on that end. They blame me. The more I read about it, the luckier I feel. So many people either die or have hideous consequences. I just gained back a good part of the weight. Though I never did lose a tremendous amount in the first place, I did lose a bit. I didn't get sick or lose my hair, etc. I'd rather be fat than dead.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent perspective. Idiots.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently you can stretch your pouch... wonder if this has happened to you Johnie? Also heard that you have to eat your proteins first and that keeps you feeling fuller for longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    They didn't seem to think that was the issue a couple of years ago but it certainly could be now. They did an xray thingie with liquid and it was a-ok they said. I do try to eat proteins first because that does keep me full way longer. But, I have a horrible tendency to not eat at proper times. I get so busy that I literally don't have time. Then I tend to eat poorly. I don't eat a lot but I DO make poor choices a lot of the time.

You know this is the first time I have talked about this with all the new people in my life? No one knows that I had the surgery except some old friends and family. I'm usually too embarrassed to admit that I had it done and it didn't work :( Oh well, my dr tells me that not everyone is meant to be thin but I would certainly like to be thinner.

ok enough of me whining

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple that used to work in the same building as I did both had it done. They were pretty heavy (he was pushing 600 lbs). It worked to a certain degree for both of them, He's still big, but nothing like he was. I've not seen her in a long time so don't know how it "ended" for her.

Another woman I worked with had it done, but like Johnie, it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Perhaps there are improvements to the procedure now?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there probably are. I know they have the lap band now and that can be reversed.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have nothing to be embarrassed about! A procedure didn't work! It's not like you did something to prevent it from working! Geez.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that may be true, but it still doesn't help when the dr acts like it's your fault. They were certainly touting it as a miracle cure all way back in 2000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder what happens when GB doesn't work?... I mean I always thought that if the lap band didn't work then you could have the option of GB surgery. Where do you go if that doesn't work?

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea. I thought about going to another dr but then I don't want to be yelled at all over again :(

ok, so they didn't yell but they might as well have. The feeling was still the same.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast