Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I find timings for lunch and dinner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 175183
    Thanks all

Mari, I started on the ADR online system but I'm not sure when the times for lunch would come up - they didn't on the page where I had to put in my dates. For example (and this is a very topical one for you Mari ), we want to eat in the San Angel Inn, becasue OH has never even been into the building, and I think the surroundings are so cool. I can remember the first time I went on and went "wow"! But the prices go way higher on an evening compared to lunch. So I thought it would be a good way to split our day. Ideally I'd like to eat at around 3:30, maybe 4, but I'd hate to book a time of say 4pm, and when I get there be given the dinner menu. Or do all of the sit down restaurants close between lunch and dinner and therefore you wouldn't be able to book a time in between?

This is so funny....I feel like I'm a complete Disney newbie...I know nothing anymore!!
    Oh..... well then choosing the correct time totally makes sense then...

I love the feeling of the San Angel Inn restaurant.. hate the food though, but maybe because I know what it should really taste like...

I have no idea how late lunch is served, but IU would agree, at the latest 3:30...

We had a late breakfast at Crystal Palace, 10:00, and werent seated until 10:40 and by 10:50 the buffet was gone because at 11 they start serving lunch....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 175357

I love the feeling of the San Angel Inn restaurant.. hate the food though, but maybe because I know what it should really taste like...

I have no idea how late lunch is served, but IU would agree, at the latest 3:30...

We had a late breakfast at Crystal Palace, 10:00, and werent seated until 10:40 and by 10:50 the buffet was gone because at 11 they start serving lunch....
    Mari, one of the reasons I want to eat here for the cheaper lunch rather than the more expensive dinner is that I don't really rate the food either. I just love the experience of being in the surroundings. I'm thinking we can even share some appetizers or split a meal. There are a few places I want to eat because of the ambience, despite the mediocrity of the food, and at those places I want to keep the costs down and save money for stunning food!

Mari, that's dreadful about the CP breakfast...did they make you choose your food in just 10 minutes? CP is closed when I'm there.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you do want to be careful & not book too late. We had a similar thing as Mari happen to us at Chef Mickey's & they started closing up as we were barely starting. I do like a later lunch too Deb, it just doesn't seem as busy & will tide you over longer for dinner that way. I wouldn't plan any later than 2:30 or 3:00 if it were me though.

Can you just call & book the dining? I always find that the easiest as I prefer talking to someone.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mari, post: 175357

That is a beautiful restaurant Mari. But I agree with you the food is not the best. Personally think it is too "Americanized". I've never eaten in Mexico though so it is hard to comment on comparison.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mari,
    Did CP not let you eat from the lunch menu? We have had a late breakfast there and they encouraged us to have breakfast and lunch. I prefer lunch so that was nice.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only eaten at San Angel once but enjoyed it. No one else in my family did tho. My daughter who is a vegetarian wanted a couple hard shell tacos with just veggies & they said they didn't have hard shells, they said it wasn't authentic to mexico. Seriously? do they not have hard shell tacos in mexico?? But it may have been the atmosphere that made the food seem better to me because I loved it! : )

Johnie, breakfast AND lunch!?! They would have had to wheel me out on a cart lol. Two meals for one would have been awesone
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12