Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I find timings for lunch and dinner?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to try to book a small amount of eating places online, and I'd like a couple of them to be late lunches. Does anyone know where I can find out what time lunch finishes and dinner starts at the WDW restaurants?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, no honestly I don't, but I do know for those restaurants that serve both lunch and dinner, lunch runs until 3:00 pm or sometimes 4:00 pm depending upon the restaurant. Dinners usually run until the park closes, or for non-park restaurants until about 10:00 pm unless it's DTD where they may be open later yet.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinner typically starts at 5pm

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, usually but some places it's not until 5:30, mostly in those restaurants that don't do lunch.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    and then in the busier seasons, they will open early for dinner around 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    They stay open later then too sometimes, don't they? WDW changes things up so much any more I can't keep up!

Post Thanks / Like
    They might, I'm not sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAve you tried the online ADR system? it will give you an idea of the times the restaurants are open...

We were able to get some early dinners, it was easier at sit down places with menus, where there were buffets, we had to book a bit later

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all

Mari, I started on the ADR online system but I'm not sure when the times for lunch would come up - they didn't on the page where I had to put in my dates. For example (and this is a very topical one for you Mari ), we want to eat in the San Angel Inn, becasue OH has never even been into the building, and I think the surroundings are so cool. I can remember the first time I went on and went "wow"! But the prices go way higher on an evening compared to lunch. So I thought it would be a good way to split our day. Ideally I'd like to eat at around 3:30, maybe 4, but I'd hate to book a time of say 4pm, and when I get there be given the dinner menu. Or do all of the sit down restaurants close between lunch and dinner and therefore you wouldn't be able to book a time in between?

This is so funny....I feel like I'm a complete Disney newbie...I know nothing anymore!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's because so much has changed. No they don't close, but you are right. If you book during dinner time, you will be given the dinner menu, and not be served (or charged) from the less costly lunch menu.

To be safe, book the lunch at 3:30, would be my best "guessing" advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast