Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who else gets fed up of the disney store?

Post Thanks / Like
    so i have spent ages trawling the disney store today for xmas pressies nothing special just little stocking fillers for the dinner table.and the choice was carpy carp carp they have nothing but eeyhore ,tinkerbell and last years old stuff.nothing jumped out at me nothing at all so much so i left empty handed .to say it has ruined my day is an understatment. so here i am now having to trawl the tinternet looking for gifts. if anyone out there has any great websites please post me a link to follow
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you thought about looking on the US disney store website? Even the UK one has some good web exclusive stuff.

Amazon do toys and games too. Whats the age range of the people you're buying for?

Post Thanks / Like
    i have to get pressies for dsil n dbrother who are both in there 30' dnephews both 14 and df and dmum and dh. nothing big just little stocking fillers and things for the santa sack .
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Try places like H Samuels, they have some nice Disney ornaments.

Clothes shop Cult (I think its a national chain, not sure) do some 'different' Disney T-Shirts (I have an awesome black Goofy T-Shirt, but I cant find a pic of it on the web). You can get officially licenced Disney stuff all over the place - which really makes me mad that the disney store is so lame, but I guess they only have so much space!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not crazy about the Disney Store of late. I can remember when ours first opened here around 1996. It was great! They had such a nice line of adult clothes too. Now, everytime I go in it just seems like the same old stuff which is stuffed animals & costumes. I've had a gift card for there since last Xmas & I finally just used it on Monday getting a few stocking stuffers for Paige.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 175439
    I'm not crazy about the Disney Store of late. I can remember when ours first opened here around 1996. It was great! They had such a nice line of adult clothes too. Now, everytime I go in it just seems like the same old stuff which is stuffed animals & costumes. I've had a gift card for there since last Xmas & I finally just used it on Monday getting a few stocking stuffers for Paige.
    I agree, BT--in the last few years, the selection went waaaaaay below par. In 1995 my entire family got matching Mickey-Hawaiian shirts from our local Disney Store to wear when we went to the Animal Kingdom. They were nice quality, and sized up to XXL I believe...now it seems there's nothing at all for adults (especially "fluffier" folks) other than t-shirts!

The only thing they seem to have PLENTY of is useless, cheap plastic doo-dads (like toy flip-phones that beep and ring, and a few small wind-up toys), plushies and pajamas.

I have somewhat better luck with the Disney Store online, but it still is definitely not the high-end stuff it used to be.
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vixynne, I sooo used to love the family style lines they carried! I used to have some really cute & good quality embroidered button up shirts from the Disney Store from the 90's. And you could get odd characters, like one I had was characters from Jungle book. And another was Alice In Wonderland (they were coming out of a pocket, really cute!) now it seems what T's they carry in adult size (agreed, not for the fluffy) are the same characters every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 175507
    Vixynne, I sooo used to love the family style lines they carried! I used to have some really cute & good quality embroidered button up shirts from the Disney Store from the 90's. And you could get odd characters, like one I had was characters from Jungle book. And another was Alice In Wonderland (they were coming out of a pocket, really cute!) now it seems what T's they carry in adult size (agreed, not for the fluffy) are the same characters every time.
    Oh, I used to love those shirts--I think I might have a couple somewhere in storage! I remember buying a few from the Disney catalog...Does Disney even bother sending out a catalog these days? We used to love getting those!

Also somewhere in the back of my closet is an amazing retro 50's-style jacket (think: ThunderBirds or Pink Ladies from "Grease" with their matching jackets)...it's black and it has a Genie theme. The whole lining of the jacket is a repeating pattern of the many facial expressions of the Genie from Aladdin. I bought it at the Disney Store in MK back in 1993. Hardly ever worn, great condition, and there is absolutely nothing like it still sold by the Disney Store anymore.

Hang on...I'm going to go see if I can find the durn thing and snap a pic or two of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Vix, I would LOVE to see a picture of that!! I too used to enjoy getting the old Disney catalogs. We certainly are taking a ride in the Way Back machine tonight aren't we :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 175520
    Vix, I would LOVE to see a picture of that!! I too used to enjoy getting the old Disney catalogs. We certainly are taking a ride in the Way Back machine tonight aren't we :D
    LOL the Way Back Machine!

I have the photos but they're refusing to upload for me...I'll keep trying!

(Dagnabbit!
    Aladdin Themed Genie Jacket circa 1993 001.jpg
    : Upload of file failed.
    ) I dunno what I'm doing wrong...grrrrr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast