Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn is angry and disappointed

Post Thanks / Like
    there are still many, many places and people in this country who are backwards and rednecks.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The amazing thing about all of this is that everyone is supposed to have "equal rights" under the law. Yet as Tink says, they really aren't equal are they. Why do we even have to vote on this?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    For all those married people out there - can you imagine what it would be like to be told that you could not marry your spouse? I can't. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Me neither, Dawn .

Post Thanks / Like
    All major christian religions (along with other belief systems of course) have been very outspoken against allowing civil liberties for all Americans, not just RCs. :)

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has spent a bundle on keeping the intolerance well fired up. There are any number of christian based groups that keep the lies and intolerance in the public eye, and feed off of people's misunderstandings. Manipulation of the bible is a favored way of scaring people.

All that to say, no one "church" is more outspoken than the next (major religion, I mean).

Universalists of course are completely supportive of civil liberties for all... but then they are not christian based.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 175232
    For all those married people out there - can you imagine what it would be like to be told that you could not marry your spouse? I can't. :(

Well I am pretty anti marriage for anyone really. But, as long as people want to do it, they should be allowed to!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    No government--NONE--whether based in secular or religious roots, has any business trying to mandate love.

Attempting to do so is just. Plain. Wrong.

Seriously--is this the BIGGEST, most pressing issue on the table right now? Really? We've cured all the diseases, solved the issues of poverty and education, and there's no major conflicts for us to pitch in and resolve? Deciding who can love/marry/have intimate relations with whom is the best use of our government's time? Hmmm. Nope, not buying that one.

Nobody is ever going to make me believe that ANYONE has the right or ability to mandate whether I have the right to love someone. The government has no business concerning itself with whether my lover's plumbing is type _______ or type _______. None.

Here's what I posted about it on my FaceBook yesterday:
    Dear State of Maine: I give to you the wisdom of Joshua Lyman...(Josh Lyman was a character from the US television series "The West Wing".)
    ...A man who--though fictitious--has more sense than your voting majority. In Josh's words: "I like you guys who wanna reduce the size of government -- make it just small enough so it can fit in our bedrooms." That's a classy way of saying this: Kiss my , Maine.

IMHO, it's WAY past time for the governments and the folks who preach from altar and pulpit to get OUT of our bedrooms.

/rant
    Love isn't about finding someone you can live with.
    It's about finding someone you can share a lifetime with.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I don't make anyone angry by saying this but to me, it's all religion based as far as the attitudes that most people have about (against) gays & why this gets shot down when it comes to a vote. I do think that eventually it will NOT be like this, that gays will have the same marital rights but I'm not sure if it will be in my lifetime.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with BT & Sister Tink . All religion basically preaches the same thing , right down to my church . In my eyes, love is love . Does that mean I'm going to the dark side because I have different beliefs as the person in the pew next to me . And in the future I will be more understanding of others beliefs and feelings .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast