Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dollar car rental are rubbish

Post Thanks / Like
    Not very happy about Dollar car rental and wont be using them again there service sucks................. we had a car included in out holiday package but when we arrived there was noinsurance included which was fine but it was very expensive $400 for a week but we paid it and it had roadside assistance. they sent us to bay A22 but no car there so Dave went back and we got a different bay number the car is very nice chryslar 300t. yesterday when we got in warning low tyer and warning lights going off we headed to downtown disney not very happy about the car but drove slow with the intention of sorting it out later. after visiting epcot and a few places we get back to the car and head along the 192 where there is a dollar rental. the girl says its closing and if i dont feel safe to drive to orlando airport and change the car as she is closing i explain that if i dont feel safe why is she sending me up an interstate if the car isnt safe but she is closing so very unhappy i say to Dave i will ring the roadside assistance we have paid for only to be told we dont come out to flat tyers. we havent sort it yet but i can tell you something its 10 years since i have used dollar and it will be another 10 before i try them again there service is rubbish.

Post Thanks / Like
    unfortunately i think this is normal practice now

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry but there is NO excuse for that kind of service. Call Dollar, demand to speak to a manager and DON'T take no for an answer. An American renter would in NO WAY put up with that kind of, pardon the expression, ****.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    John i think it's in the contracts that us Uk people can get now that tyres/windscreens/underneath the car aren't covered. it's more expensive for us to book direct through dollar as i've looked at all the options.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's crazy.

Budget is a horrible company to deal with as well. I've had two bad experiences with them in Orlando. In fact one was a flat tire and they came and gave us a new car.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank goodness I haven't had to rent cars but twice on trips to Florida & both times the cars were fine (tho very small!). I would hate if I had to do this every trip which is one reason we drive instead of fly.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had such a bad experience, Ann & Dave . We have rented from Thrifty, which is off airport property and besides not being able to find the place to drop it back off we didn't have a problem .

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always used Dollar, althought the last couple of years not directly but through USRAC. I so hope they haven't dropped their standards.

for next month!

Post Thanks / Like
    its still not sorted so just taking it easy but the roadside recovery is a waste of money i refuse to go back to the airport taking time away from the holiday but we are keeping a very close eye on it every time we move

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 175437
    That's crazy.

Budget is a horrible company to deal with as well. I've had two bad experiences with them in Orlando. In fact one was a flat tire and they came and gave us a new car.
    yeap

we had a not so good experience with Budget las tmonth in Phoenix..

we ended up paying double what the "guaranteed internet rate" was when we booked, we were given a smoking miniature sized SUV (when we had requested full size), the car seat they gave us was semi broken and we could never properly adjust it, and it took them over 2 hours to get us the car, because they were "out" ....

it was a NIGHTMARE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast