Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally............... I am back

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone

I have missed you all

We had an absolutely brilliant holiday, believe it or not we had hardly any Disney time but it is one of the best holidays we've had to there :D and believe it or not as soon as we got home Chris said he wanted to go again next year :207: :207: I probably should have told some of you to sit down for that information

We came home completely relaxed - Chris is completely back to his old self, no more stress or pain - it's brilliant to see.

My knee held up quite well, I used a stick which had its advantages I even drove over there for the first time and really enjoyed it :D

Since we got home things haven't been so good, Chris had a cold (man flu really ............ you know what it's like girls :rolleyes008: ) my knee is worse than it was before we went, it's the cold and having to use stairs we think (we only used the ground floor of the house) and my stupid head has been playing up again so my meds have been increased and I had to have a lumbar puncture to withdraw some fluid :(

My neighbour is not well, she has heart failure so I have been going in and sitting with her most days when I can, to help the family out. She is a wonderful Maltese lady and it is so sad to see her like this, she says her heart has had too much love and her husband is waiting for her

What else has been happening ................... umm.......... I go into hospital next Tuesday (17th) for my 1st knee op Hopefully it will help, because walking is almost impossible at the moment and because I'm walking in an awkward way, my hip is hurting and my hand and shoulder that holds the stick. Chris says he needs to swap me for a newer model I think he was joking

So how is everyone? What news is there - any new babies, engagements, weddings booked :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    great to see you back wen

also glad you had such a good time and hardly any disney, are you crazy!!!

you drove too, i love driving there so much better than here
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mick :) I know hardly any Disney - I did think I was crazy, but I don't think I would have been able to cope with it day in day out. The weather was very hot and humid, a lot worse than it normally is that time of the year and the times we did go we really had a good time.

First time I have ever driven over there I've always let Chris do the driving because I was worried about driving on the wrong side of the road I did enjoy it though and I will do it again, not all the time though just occasionally.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Wendy. Hope the surgery goes well next week. I'll be in Germany then.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 175996
    Thanks Mick :) I know hardly any Disney - I did think I was crazy, but I don't think I would have been able to cope with it day in day out. The weather was very hot and humid, a lot worse than it normally is that time of the year and the times we did go we really had a good time.

First time I have ever driven over there I've always let Chris do the driving because I was worried about driving on the wrong side of the road I did enjoy it though and I will do it again, not all the time though just occasionally.
    i was lucky last year as i was pushed around in a chair, but didnt like it, i wish i had a leccy one, got maoned at for not saying when i wheeled myself off :(

sounds like the weather was better than when i went too, it was freezing some days brrrrrrr

oh and good luck with the op
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John and Mick , it will be fine I'm sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 176017
    Thanks John and Mick , it will be fine I'm sure
    your welcome wen :D
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome back :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 175985

So how is everyone? What news is there - any new babies, engagements, weddings booked :D
    I've already had two babies and I'm engaged. Does that count?

So glad you're back even more glad you had a good holiday!

Post Thanks / Like
    well no babies, weddings, or engagements on my end

Welcome back though

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast