Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bit gutted right now

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw this thread and wanted to add some hugs

You are a wonderful Mommy and everything I would say has already been said. He is an amazing little boy and someday when our kids get married we will look back on this day and laugh ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 176500
    someday when our kids get married we will look back on this day and laugh ;)
    Have you picked your hat out yet? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    hey you two - we are all invited, yes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey missy you have not failed as a parent, from what i read on here you are a great parent who spends a lot of quality time with Steven. i hope you get all the help and in put you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww Dawn sweetie don't panic. Liam was the same as in he was performing academically way ahead of the rest of his year but was socially phobic as in he would not play with others. It would break my heart to see him standing in the playground all by himself. He only liked activities where I could stay and where he wasn't going to be touched. He only ever wanted one friend over to play at a time and even then they would be in the toy room playing and he would be reading a book. Lol
    He was always more comfortable in a group of adults than kids.

Fast forward to high school, he's still performing well at school and his teachers all love him but it is so much more balanced now. He's a typical scruffy, girl loving, music loving, sarcastic, cheeky teenager, who has a lovely group of friends boys and girls. They are all in the book club and go to orchestra. To see him go down town ice skating or to the cinema in a group of 10 kids is far more rewarding to me than a good report card. When he was 6 I couldn't even imagine him staying overnight at my sisters, now he costs me a fortune in school trips every year.

What I'm trying to say is Stevens maturity just needs to catch up with his academic abilities, and hun with a Mum and Dad like his he will get there in the end. Trust me He is finding out what his personality is going to be and he's a smart kid. He will poke the wrong person one day and will learn not to do it again. Sometimes kids take longer to learn math or sentence structure and some kids take a bit longer to master the art of sitting still. Lol I'm 37 and I still have problems keeping focused and sitting still. Heehee

He's a good kid and that's down to you guys. Xxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 176521
    Have you picked your hat out yet? :D
    Ooooooooh YES!! It has a hippo on it :D

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Are we having a hippo themed wedding? How very cool!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    .......and we expect this child to turn out in a 'normal' way do we with one side of the church dressed as hippo's

.... works for me :D

Post Thanks / Like
    With madagascar playing in the background!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast