Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: look whats happening at the grand floridian

Post Thanks / Like
    There seems to be more construction workers working on this than there were when we had our villa built!

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Terry!!! Same here. More workers on the gingerbread house than on our little house. LOL. I hope it's built better than ours!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmm...gingerbread...
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    That reminds me. We have the BEST gingerbread dessert recipe... we made it for Christmas last year...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to buy one of those little houses, but they were seventy-five dollars. Disney is out of their mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG!!!!! You can get them fully assembled (you do the decorating with included candies) for EIGHT dollars at World Market! I know they have them in other places too for more, but $75 is totally ridiculous.

We saw one that is a gingerbread lighthouse! Seth wants to do one this year. Herself will be doing it with him. HEY, maybe over Thanksgiving weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a good idea Tink and a gingerbread lighthouse will be awesome. I've never seen one of those.

I can buy one at Walmart for about that same amount, but those don't taste well at all and the frosting or cement is hard as a rock. I think I would have been able to gobble down the one from Disney. But I would have wanted to perserve it and not eat it for that price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't imagine eating any of them! LOL. The gingerbread is so hard! It has to be, I know but unless you are dunking it in coffee... Plus, that icing is really cement, isn't it?

They are pretty, but nothing I'd want to try and eat.

Not sure if they'll do a gingerbread lighthouse or a regular gingerbread house. Last year they did a gingerbread Sponge Bob Square Pants pineapple house! What a HOOT!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well and see here I thought they only made traditional houses...boy, am I out of the loop.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are quite a few styles out there in addition to the original types. A friend of mine once made a "gingerbread house" with her children. They used graham crackers for the gingerbread. It really came out nice, and if some broke in the making there was no real tragedy (as it could be with the baked gingerbread). It looked really cute when they were done, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast