Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: phone advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I may be moving on to a new phone in the near future and frankly, I'm not in the loop with regards to quality, etc.

Here's the story, due to being graduate student, my family and I have gone into a family so that we can talk anytime....I've decided with my life becoming more and more complicated with appts, meetings, seminars, etc., I need to branch out and have my own account, so that i can have a bigger and more rounded plan.

Not too mention I have had problems with the phone I have had, I will be receiving my 4th version of this phone and I'm very angry about this. Since I did not want to extend the plan I bought the phone out right, and this particular phone has taken a dump that many times.

Anyway (thanks for reading thus far), I am looking for a phone that will allow me to keep things organized, maybe check email, as well as, talk and text.

Not sure it matters, but I hope to stay with Verizon

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    We have Verizon too. I have the iPhone for work, with AT&T and am so unhappy with it, I can't stand it (mostly because of AT&T and their lousy coverage and customer service).

We are looking at new phones for Verizon and will be checking out their newest, Droid. It's supposed to have all the features you mentioned, but we've not looked at it yet.

Maybe you'll want to look into that one too?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The Droid? What an interesting name! Will do Tink!

Post Thanks / Like
    The iPhones calendar and organistion system is brill, plus there are plenty of apps which will help with that too I'd fully reccomend it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder which companies carry the iphone?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Keith, and I'm a cell phone addict

Actually, I hate people *calling* me but I love being able to text/email/photo work on stuff all on a phone so that, added to our business which is all about internet comms, means I've tried a LOT of phones.

The only one in the last 6 years that's lasted more than a couple of months before being replaced with something newer is the iphone. I've had the iphone since it came out in 2007 I think it was. It's undoubtedly moved phones on a generation and is far better than I ever expected it to be.

HOWEVER, you need it on a good network or it becomes a large pretty useless brick without its connectivity. So Tink's AT&T experience makes sense to me.

Droid is based, unsurprisingly, on Google's freely available android cell phone operating system and they're working very hard indeed to capture the market back from the iphone. The droid is based on a newer version of the software than most phones out there now and is said to be very very good indeed.

Of course the other alternative is a windows mobile like the HTC HD2 which I think directly competes well with the iphone
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna is also going to look at the Droid. And even I like what I've read so far. But I can't find anything about it having International capability.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 176516
    Donna is also going to look at the Droid. And even I like what I've read so far. But I can't find anything about it having International capability.
    yeah if it doesn't have GSM in there, it'll be pretty useless Internationally (and I can't see GSM in the specs yet)

They have announced a GSM version for the O2 cellular network over here in Europe however
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Keith. The resident phone addict. I actually don't talk a lot on mine either, used more for that other stuff.

I have looked at the Droid and wow, it looks impressive. I've read some reviews online and the are pretty positive. I looked at plans as well and they seem to be decently priced. Not too outrageous.

Post Thanks / Like
    i love my iphone and don't think i'd ever have another type of phone! except and upgrade of course!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast