Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: phone advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow ok positive review then!

It's not out in the UK yet and no REAL information about which network will get it, how much it'll be etc.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Verizon claims the original cost of the phone is $500 and some change. Not hardly. If you do not have the many rebates that we did, you will end up spending $200 on the phone, but that's not terrible for the newest technology. We spent the $99 because of our long term association with Verizon (gave us "special selection" rebate, in addition to the renewal rebates).

I would spend $200 on it though, and be happy to do so! (Of course, I can say that because I didn't have to, eh)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, i wonder if I could swindle some rebates!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, did you buy one of the cases? I'm look at the hard plastic case, but then the silicone one looks decent too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ended up purchasing the Eris one. Similar to Droid, but without the keypad. :) It should be arriving on Wednesday. I'm stoked.

Post Thanks / Like
    We looked at the Eris too. No, we didn't get any covers of a any sort. Herself order a carrying "pouch" as she wears her's at her waist (as skinny people can do) but that's it.

I had a terrible tragedy today. My brand new LG went swimming and drowned well and duly. $192 later and I have a replacement. :( :( :(

Don't sent them swimming. They won't survive. At least it wasn't the Droid.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no! Definitely noted....phones don't swim. :(

I can not wait to get the new one. I ended up with the hard case cover. It needs to last 2 years. :) So no swimming or jumping off something and landing on the floor either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 177104
    Go play with one Keith! You'll LOVE it! :D
    Well we finally got a Droid (aka Motorola Milestone in the UK) in at work today so I've been having a play.

It's very impressive to be fair. Motorola never really seem to push the boundaries these days, but I think the Google Android OS has done their job for them.

It's very fast, easy to use as Tink says and I think it has the power to divide the world into two, those who love the iphone and the way it works, and those who love the droid way.

Some very nice apps, google maps with traffic layers etc and some very nice voice technology, even google voice searching and so on.

Unlike the iphone it can multitask which makes a big difference, yet to see how much it drains the battery

Voice and speaker volume/quality better than the iphone, not that I have a problem with the iphone :) but the droid is more like nokia (best quality calls IMHO)

They've both got their pluses and minuses, both are great and do the job admirably but if you've tried an iphone and couldn't get on with it, the droid may well be what you've been waiting for

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your comprehensive review! It's good to hear from someone who truly knows and understands the iPhone (unlike me). I've always really liked Nokias, although we've not had one in quite some time.

Never had a Motorolla, but the Droid could make me a believer.

I think once I learn more about the iPhone and get some apps that I can use (some of those free ones are nothing but rubbish) I may like it better. It's not going to get a truly fair shot from me though, as it's connected to AT and T... nuff' said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 180796
    It's not going to get a truly fair shot from me though, as it's connected to AT and T... nuff' said.
    yep :( the iphone needs a good reliable fast data network and that's just not at&t is it.

Anyway, I'm certainly impressed with the droid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast