Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: It's coming....*UPDATE IT HAS ARRIVED*

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: It's coming....*UPDATE IT REALLY IS*

It will speed through there and stop when it gets to the Midlands where people will play football with it for a week before sending its tattered corpse to my house strapped to the back of an asthmaic snail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 177783
    Ahhh... but currently stuck in Deutschland... waiting for clearance... that may take a while no doubt.

Gotta have:
    all forms filled out in triplicate,

documents stamped,

t's crossed,

i's dotted

all in black ink

double checked

triple checked
    Teutonic efficiency and all that!

Tom (... we must have ORDER! )
    Oh.. I thought Cologne was in America..... anyone fancy giving me a few geography lessons?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 177784
    It will speed through there and stop when it gets to the Midlands where people will play football with it for a week before sending its tattered corpse to my house strapped to the back of an asthmaic snail
    Just don't let it get near the Merseyside... it may be intercepted by a tortoise loving nerd.....
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 177780
    Where is Cologne?
    Here Josh:

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=active&amp;client=safari&amp;q =cologne+germany&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Col ogne,+North+Rhine-Westphalia,+Germany&amp;gl=us&amp;ei=izQES9beLcWAn QfDqtRs&amp;ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA&amp;ll=50.940664,6.959 912&amp;spn=0.328397,0.780029&amp;t=h&amp;z=11&amp ;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;safe=active&amp;client=safari&amp;q =cologne+germany&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Col ogne,+North+Rhine-Westphalia,+Germany&amp;gl=us&amp;ei=izQES9beLcWAn QfDqtRs&amp;ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA&amp;ll=50.940664,6.959 912&amp;spn=0.328397,0.780029&amp;t=h&amp;z=11&amp ;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Tom (... thus endeth today's geography lesson!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 177784

Tom (... poor snail... oh well... it's a job...)

Post Thanks / Like

ANY UPDATES?!
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like

It was in a warehouse all yesterday awaiting paperwork and now seems to be in Korea which means some of the Cologne entries must be administrative which is very confusing

Anyway its coming still but....not today

I should have asked it to send me a postcard from all the countriesit fvisits on its way to me

Post Thanks / Like

Apple has always driven me utterly mad with their delivery stuff.

They've used K&N ( Kuehne + Nagel global logistics, international transportation & supply chain management services. ) for the longest time for europe at least, I SUSPECT worldwide but don't know for sure.

Now, it's brilliant the way the process works. They may send you a manual from korea, a system unit from somewhere else, an applecare booklet from somewhere else again and they time all the deliveries to match up somewhere in K&N's network. Quite amazing to watch sometimes.

*BUT* this leads to some strange situations where you'll order a mac pro and it'll sit somewhere waiting for "applecare to join shipment" which turns out to be nothing more than a 10 page booklet that'll be coming from some place half way round the planet. You just want to scream send the computer now heck KEEP the booklet!!!!

Then, they seem to love the US and hate Europe. So you'll hear of US folks ordering a machine and it'll arrive from China seemingly defying the laws of physics, within a couple of days whereas over here we wait a few weeks.

When the new operating systems are released, people have often had them delivered, free, on the day of release in the states and we're left with a delivery date that says "sometime in the next month"

Which leads me to the final gripe They haven't, not even once, given me an accurate delivery date at point of order. Ever. I order stuff all the time from all over and it comes next day and if not, I know why and when it'll appear. Apple is the only place where you drop a few grand and get told "yeah dunno gov, sometime in November, maybe." It really causes problems for me because it proves impossible to get people to wait in to receive the package.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like

That is the biggest headache TBH - we get the poxy bit of paper shoved throughthe door with a freephone number on it saying I can collect from a depot 50 miles away or ring an automated line to get it redelivered - not easy.

Ah well

lets just hope tehre aren't too many dead pixels

:dozey:

oh yes sleepless nights you have cauysed with THAT little doozy my friend

Post Thanks / Like

Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast