Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: It's coming....*UPDATE IT HAS ARRIVED*

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: It's coming....*UPDATE IT REALLY IS*

Oh. So then, it gets delivered to the home, or not at all, eh?

That happened to me here with the US Post office. They returned a parcel saying that I didn't call for it, and was never home to deliver. They never left a message (they have yellow cards) saying that I had a parcel! Ugh.

It wasn't an iMac, but it was a gift from a friend. Frustrating stuff.

You'd think there would be a more efficient way in this day and age, to accept delivery of a parcel.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

oh it's awful here. We're out in the country at the very end of any courier's run, I'm sure they see our address on a package and groan.

So we get a LOT of "customer not home, carded' and of course they've never been near.

I watch the online status like a hawk and when it starts to get late, I begin my calls to the head office. Of course, they say "we deliver until 7pm" so generally won't accept anything's wrong and then of course after 7pm, they're closed.

Often I'll sit here in full view of the door and refreshing the status and it'll just suddenly change to "left card". I phone and sometimes they'll get the driver to come. I've been shouted at (and shouted back ;) ), had boxes thrown "at" me if you believe me and "dropped" if you believe them.

What I think in general of parcel services can't be written on a friendly forum like this.

Give the post office their due, they're by FAR the most reliable parcel/delivery service out here.

UPS/FEDEX are the next most reliable all the way down to Citylink (which we call by a different similar sounding name ;) who are least likely to turn up and most likely to say "carded" when they've been nowhere near.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry.

This whole thing kind of puts me in the mindset of a Monty Python sketch. While I certainly can't do it justice, I think the potential is there. Here's my first shot at it!

UPS Guy: Hello Polly, I've got a lovely delivery for you!

[UPS Guy removes note from front door that Skywatcher has taped there]

Skywatcher: Oh, hello there. It's for me, I'll take it.

UPS Guy: Now just a moment, are you, uhhhh, Doc Skywatcher?

Skywatcher: Yes, that's me.

UPS Guy: Ok, then. Sign right here.

[Skywatcher signs the proffered document]

[UPS Guy begins to leave with package]

Skywatcher: Wait! Where are you going?

UPS Guy: Well, I'm taking your parcel back to the depot.

Skywatcher: Why?

UPS Guy: Well, you're not home.

Skywatcher: Of course I'm home. You're talking to me!

UPS Guy: Nahh. If you were home, you wouldn't have left a note on the door would you?

Skywatcher: Sorry. I forgot to take the note off the door when I got home. Here, give it to me, I'll do it now.

UPS Guy: Sorry mate, can't do that. Policy states that once you're not home, you can never be home again.

Skywatcher: But I'm right here you silly twit!

UPS Guy: That's not right. If you were here, you'd have taken the note off your front door. But since you didn't, you're obviously not here.

Skywatcher: Right. If I'm not here, where am I?

UPS Guy: Well, that's a question only you can answer. As for me, I'm back to the depot with your package and then off for a pint. We'll try to deliver at a later date when you won't be home.

[Skywatcher sits on the front step and begins to babble incoherently]
    Ah well... it's a start.

Tom (... I've been watching Fawlty Towers this past weekend. That's what got me going today!)

Post Thanks / Like

It was attempted to be delivered at 11.30 when we were all at work they will try again tomorrow - I left a note on the door and the lady at the office says they only look at notes on the door the second time they try to deliver

So hopefully we will get it tomorrow between 8 and 7pm - problem is there won't be someone in for large chunks of that - not even like I can get it delivered to work that shuts at certain times as well

Oh and Tink the UPS depot is in Crawly which is about 1 1/2 hours drive away and is only open when I am at work so thats no use I'm afraid

Post Thanks / Like

Good heavens. What a run around. That has to be more than frustrating, to know that the iMac is 'there' but you can't have it.

Good luck. I do hope that it's delivered to you tomorrow.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hun

greta sketch BTW Tom :)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The frustrating thing tomorrow is I will have NO TIME at all tomorrow to even unwrap it - the boys are playing orchestra in Eastbourne from 5.50 until 10pm ish so I am flying of straight after work to try and catch their performance and it will be ebdtime when I get mback but I will hopefully get a change to at least look at it :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 178387
    The frustrating thing tomorrow is I will have NO TIME at all tomorrow to even unwrap it - the boys are playing orchestra in Eastbourne from 5.50 until 10pm ish so I am flying of straight after work to try and catch their performance and it will be ebdtime when I get mback but I will hopefully get a change to at least look at it :)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :-O

Nah, great news for the boys, hope they do fantastically, I'm sure they will

At least try and pop on to give us a one liner on how wonderful it looks or SOMETHING though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless UPS but they came back and caught Lisa.

It is now at home waiting for me to finish today :)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast