Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: It's coming....*UPDATE IT HAS ARRIVED*

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: It's coming....

You will share photos of the new addition to the family when it arrives, yes? :9: :9:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

of course

Post Thanks / Like

Please, don't drool on the screen!

¡Por favor, no babear en la pantalla!

Tom (... oops, thought I was on the monorail there for a moment!)

Post Thanks / Like

i thought you had a mac already chris
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I have a macbook pro, which I use when I'm out and about and is my main computer but the family has a dektop which the kids use the internet for and Lisa does her correspondance on and photo's etc - we have an HP Pavillion running XP but it hasn't been the best of machines despite it costing £££ and is really showing its age and the processor fan is nearly spinning of its axis no matter what I do - we have had it for 3 years now and I guess most machines have their day.

So we are replacing the desktop with an iMac

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 176620
    I have a macbook pro, which I use when I'm out and about and is my main computer but the family has a dektop which the kids use the internet for and Lisa does her correspondance on and photo's etc - we have an HP Pavillion running XP but it hasn't been the best of machines despite it costing £££ and is really showing its age and the processor fan is nearly spinning of its axis no matter what I do - we have had it for 3 years now and I guess most machines have their day.

So we are replacing the desktop with an iMac
    cool...sounds like a great spec your getting
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Its also a thing of beauty I just can't understand how you fit so much computer into such a think package, what swungit was that things like the ram are upgradeale afterwards which was something I wasn't sure about.

Means we can watch DVD's in the Dining room now as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 176628
    Its also a thing of beauty I just can't understand how you fit so much computer into such a think package, what swungit was that things like the ram are upgradeale afterwards which was something I wasn't sure about.

Means we can watch DVD's in the Dining room now as well
    cool...whats the model chris so i can look it up?

ive been running Win 7 on my main pc for a week now....wow what a difference to vista, soooooo much faster....even shutting down only takes 15 seconds
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like

iMac

As I said earlier its the 27incher with the lower of the 2 quad cores - been talking to Keioth who has had a play in the states and he says it flies even on the dual core but I want a machine that will hopefully keep goinga little longer than the others. As Tom has said there may well be a a way I can stream from my skybox to it as well - its only just an inch thick!

Post Thanks / Like

Just thought I'd throw in here that in the "evolution of iMac" photo series on the site, the first one is the one we have! It still runs (with the help and guidance of Keith on adding new memory) and we still love the look of it.

Will need to be replaced one day as there is no room for more memory, but it's been going strong for six years this past September. Can't beat that with a stick!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast