Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: It's coming....*UPDATE IT HAS ARRIVED*

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: It's coming....

We were poking around in Best Buy last night looking at GPS units and wandered over to their little Mac area. The 27" screen is fabulous!!! Herself nearly fainted at the Magic Mouse. How wonderful is THAT?!!!! :9: You are going to have SO MUCH fun with your new baby. (And no dirty diapers)!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

did you get the lettuce or carrot upgrade?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Tom. Problem is I'm even more impatient now

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Skywatcher,

Just thought you should know, I'm writing this post from a 27" iMac in the Apple Store. Unfortunately, they're all out of the Magic Mouse so I can't get one today.

However, you're gonna love your new toy. This thing is amazing! And the mouse is to die for!

Tom (... I REALLY like this thing!)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well... I actually did manage to get my grubby paws on a Magic Mouse today. My DW had to stop at the fabric store and there was a Best Buy right next door. So, I figured if the Apple store was sold out, perhaps Best Buy would have a few left. Lucky me. They had two. Now they've got one.

This thing is great! No cord of course. It's Bluetooth. Paired it with my MacBook Pro and it works great. It's so strange to scroll up and down web pages and document just by dragging my finger back and forth across the surface of the thing! And the really cool bit is that there's a bit of inertia built in. So, on a really long web page, I can kind of "flick" my finger across the surface of the mouse and the page scrolls quickly and then gradually coasts to a stop. Really neat functionality.

The other great bit is that the thing feels quite substantial. It's got enough weight to it so that if you pick it up, you'd think you could do some real damage if you threw it at something. Gives it a nice heft and tracks really well on whatever surface you're using it on.

All in all, so far I like this a LOT better than my old mouse. The scrolling takes some getting used to since there's no wheel or button. Just a smooth slick surface! But it doesn't take very long to get used to.

Chris, you're gonna love this thing!

Edit: forgot to mention, when you're browsing web pages, you can swipe two fingers across the mouse surface to either go back or forward in your browsing history. This thing just keeps getting better and better!

Tom (... still would love to have that 27" iMac)

Post Thanks / Like

The mouse is brilliant if for nothing else but the scroll up/down!

I actually emailed Apple a couple of years ago and said why not take the trackpad from a macbook pro, attach it to a keyboard and sell it because I was getting really tired of using all the scroll gestures on the laptop, coming to the desktop and not being able to.

Of course, this mouse is almost there and so I couldn't hide my smile when I tried it in the Apple store and the scroll just worked :)

I'm really going to have to either get my order in or ask the apple store when they'll get the quad cores in
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think the magic mouse will have to make an addition to my christmas list!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

oh and Brit I loved the sketch ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Awaiting shipping

grrr

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast