Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its been one nightmare after another

Post Thanks / Like
    As you all read we lost our villa but thankfully have a new one with lots of help.
    Sadly last week Beth's carer annouched she was not coming to Orlando . She was in to help with Beth in the morning and was happy and well. Two hours later i had a text saying she had stinking cold. I text back see you later and she said are you sure, yes. She came in and you guessed it, there was nothing wrong. When we had settled beth for the night i asked if all was ok, yes she said why, well i said about the cold to her, oh you are nit picking. I think not. Any how she threw a strop and said she was not coming. She has since resigned. She went sick with stress (stress my bottom), i have asked for a letter from GP to claim money back and she said no. We have told her there is no way we will pay for when she should be in Orlando (she had to give a months notice). Yesterday her sick note ran out but did not get a new one, just a letter from a company for a reffrence . We got in contact and said we would fill in if she agreed to leave as of last week (save us nearly 900), told her it was her choice but if she worked else were and did not agree we would take her to tribunal (had backing of Acas and legal team for insurance company). Well she agreed and then texted to say tell Beth to have fantastic holiday, thankfully had mate with me who told me to rise above and delete it, which i did.
    What do these people want, she was paid over the top had meals bought for her and a fantastic holiday all paid for.

On top of it Beth has stopped eating and is being pump fed. Her VNS has started to cause her voice problems again. We had to turn back on as no medication is working and they can not do anything more for her seizures. We now need to decided were we go from here. I am a great believer in quality over quantity but she is my baby and i know the worst could happen.
    She had big issues with her wheelchair and thankfully we got emergency appointment. The chair was twisted which i have been saying for weeks, but hey i am just her mum what do i know. Its all been sorted and she needs to attend in January for other adjustments but she is happy in her chair again. Her left hip has come out of its socket again which is very sad because she had major surgery on it in 2000. We will just monitor and manage with pain relief as Beth and surgery do not go together and we will not even think of more surgery.

So there you go. I am past most of it now as you get. I am just back to worrying about beth on the flight and driving for the first time in America, believe me it feels so good just to worry about these.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Michelle, I am absolutely speechless! don't want to say what i feel about that little madam

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a

Post Thanks / Like
    Omgosh what a horrible girl she is i know how upsetting it is when carers let you down. Poor Beth she is such a star and so are you Michelle hun, you are a wonderful Mum, and your baby comes first, but dont forget to look after yourself, here if you need to rant
    i hope with all my heart that you manage to have a nice holiday i know theres been so many problems i will keep my fingers crossed toes as well you certainly deserve it
    Love Jacqui xxxx

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG Michelle. To say that girl needs a is an understatement. Not that it would help the situation.

You and Beth have really been going through it. I really don't know what to say except to send hugs form the bottom of my heart

Do you have another carer coming with you?

Post Thanks / Like
    :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    hope you enjoy this holiday after all the downs :)

driving is easy just take it slow and use both mirrors i think they are so used to brits over there we get allowances i have driven all last week and as long as you take it slow and get some one to watch the signs for you you will do fine :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. My mum is going to help. I think family is all i trust at the moment. Just sorted pile paper work, have not stated packing yet but that will be a momouth job in its self. I would like all to be aware its not mine ;) i will have the tiny pile.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful time . Our son is 30 and Tinkers only child . He is still her baby and always will be, when he hurts , she hurts .
    You sound like you have more than your share of anxiety . Take a deep breath and I will say a prayer for your dear Beth . She's A Sweetie ! Bless Her !

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Dear !!! I've been down lately but Patrick got me to the football game this evening and I got a call on a job at Hickory Farms .
    Kierstyn needs some play time and I'm going to try and get her 3 x a week . Things are looking up for me and you will be just fine as well Glad your mum is going along or was she anyway . So, sorry you went through that though and poor Beth , they get use to care givers than they just up and leave . I will keep you all in prayer . Have A Magical Trip !!! to All

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast