Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another lovely morning in Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting by the pool haveing breckies before we drive down to Sarassotta to see friends and plan dinner at The Beachhouse and a walk round St Armands Circle and drive back up after breckies tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fancy swapping places? You don't mind howling gales and torrential rain do you? :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Now come on Malcolm! 56 degrees is NOT lovely! It is streaming sunshing though, I'll give you that. It will be a lovely drive to Sarasota. I love that area. They have one of the nicest Whole Foods shops and Sur La Table stores in the entire state.

Yep. It's always food with me.

Have a nice drive and enjoy the day! (It is supposed to get up to 80 today).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'm a bit cold... I didn't bring a single cardi and as we always come in August I had no idea the mornings were a bit chilly

But the sun is shining and Iknow it's going to get hotter as the day goes on.

I have set my aircon to 77 and it's not come on once since we've arrived as the temp inside has been between 71 and 74...

Saving me some dosh though, as Progress Energy electricity prices here are through the roof

Kyle and I plan to play some mini golf and go to Applebees for luch as theirr appetisers are half price at lunch time and they are so big that it will fill us up

Later I'm going to watch Strictly on BBC I Player ( hopefully)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Old Navy is having a Cardigan sale. :D It is chilly here in the mornings November through March (generally speaking). Not always of course, but often enough to require at least one light jacket on hand.

Enjoy your lunch!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Tink
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    has it warmed back up as on thursday we were really cold :) oh dreaming of going back already :)
    enjoy your hols :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Down in Sarasotta and its hot with quite a breeze, off to beach in a moment then Beachhouse for dinner tonight booked table inside in case its too breezy on the front, dont want to be chaseing me steak down the sea front.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 176830
    Down in Sarasotta and its hot with quite a breeze, off to beach in a moment then Beachhouse for dinner tonight booked table inside in case its too breezy on the front, dont want to be chaseing me steak down the sea front.

now that i would love to see have a nice meal and enjoy yourselves
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to hear what you think about St Armands Circle
    We spent a couple of days in Sarasota two years back and had St Armands on the itinerary but then decided against it at the last minute. I think the reason at the time was that we were in casual shorts and t/shirts and had heard the St Armands area was very upper class!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast