Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are we doing then Britain

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice weather yesterday.

I spent most of yesterday at a craft show with my mum and everyone was taking bets on which marquee would take off first. Luckily they are all still standing. There was also a dog show on site in a permanent farm building so we ducked in there on the deluged walk back to the car park. Saw some lovely dogs and got Willow a new collar and lead from one of the trade stands. Took the dog out at 6pm last night for a walk in gale force winds - had a lovely view of Jupiter though. :D

Luckily all our fence panels are intact which can't be said for the rest of the street. We have a lot of foilage scattered about the garden that belongs to plants and trees that I do not own but apart from that we're so far unscathed and ready for the next onslaught.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had nothing untoward up here Only a little breeze, a bit of rain yesterday afternoon. We were even sitting outside reading the newspapers at lunchtime. Very still again today.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're joking?

We had full scale apocalypse down here. Was half expecting four horsemen to overtake me on the A23 at one point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flippin awful here yesterday and I've hardly slept all weekend cos of the noise and worrying about what I might find in the morning!
    More to come too apparently :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Just took dog out and half the beach is gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 176900
    Just took dog out and half the beach is gone.
    Sounds like your part of the country got battered yesterday!
    We just had a little rain shower....today blue skies and a breeze.

Post Thanks / Like
    blue skys here today and a little breeze, we only had one squall lasting 5 mins yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is so unfair. :(

On our walk we saw missing beach, lots of fences down, trees bits in the road, how streets where wheelie bins had toppled like dominoes, and just debris everywhere.

And Willow found a dead fish on the beach and rolled in it. I had to walk home with the aroma of dead fish surrounding me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try being in a plane coming into land . I have never had such a rocky landing. The wind was blowing the plane from side to side. It was scary to feel nature rock this huge plane. We came in over west sussex so i can imagine what your area looks like Dawn.

Don't get me started on the rain. I was thrilled to stand in long stay car park section
    D-12 whilst DH looked for the car, which was found 15 mins later in D-10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes Siobahn! at least when it's nice you have a nice beach near you Dawn- i have Skeggy!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast