Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two years since my aneurysm

Post Thanks / Like
    Tomorrow, the 16th, will be the 2nd anniversary of the night my brain aneurysm ruptured. If it's anything like last year, it was a mixture between something to celebrate & something to fear. I feel it is almost a day I should celebrate because I didn't die, I lived & am so lucky to have survived it with flying colors. But it's also sad for me because it was such a scary time for me, David & my girls. It's hard not to think of how close I came to leaving my children motherless or how mentally disabled I could be right now.

Soon after I got home from the hospital & I had to see my dr. & my neurosurgeon both of them told me stories about patients of theirs who had aneurysms & 10 years later were still alive. But the emphasis they put on it.....10 years later! It made me feel like I'm going to be lucky if I get another 10 years out of my life. Since then, that is the time frame I keep in my head. So I am happy I've made it another year, but I do that morbid thing where I think..well, I have 8 years left if I'm lucky. So it's a happy & sad day for me I guess is what I'm saying.

I haven't had anything else happen, that I know of, other than some dizzy spells & my stamina has never really returned. I wish I could afford the yearly CT Scans as the surgeon said, it would just set my mind at ease to know for sure everything was ok up there. Sadly, without insurance, I cannot, so I can only hope for the best. Hope my tattered brain is staying healthy :)

Thanks guys for hearing me out, didn't mean to go on so much but I guess I'm just feeling overly reflective tonight.
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you are here.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to send you a hug. Or 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    reflect away hun

Post Thanks / Like
    of course you will be refllective as the anniversary of such a major event arrives. Wishing you continued good health

1997 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    1998 & 1999 - Disneyland Hotel & Sequoia Lodge- DLP
    2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort WDW
    2001 & 2002 - Newport Bay Club -DLP
    2003 - Hotel New York - DLP
    2004 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2005 - Hotel New York - DLRP
    2006 - Grand Floridian - WDW
    2007 - Yacht Club - WDW
    2008 - Disneyland Hotel, DLRP
    2009 - Yacht Club WDW, HRH & BLT
    2010 - Beach Club WDW

Post Thanks / Like
    just sending lots of love

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    just wanted to say that keeping a positive frame of mind is the way to go, when we dwell on things people just give up. you have lots of friends here who feel honoured to know you and have you in there daily lives (all be it over the tinterweb)
    charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy that you still well and heres a big from me to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    AS a fairly new member I don't know the history of most members and after reading your post I wish you more than 10 years.

It must have been traumatic for you and all your family & friends butyou are here to tell the tale and what more can we ask for.

Forwarned is foraremed - we could all go at anytime - who knows.

I am a very positive person in general but health worries used to get me down alot to the point that they were ruining everyday for me. I decided to just stop thinking about these things and live for the now.

Sending you big hugs on your 2nd anniversary and wishing you many more healthy years

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast