Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crystal river

Post Thanks / Like
    Whhhoeeee! Smart man. Those babies are nasssssty! Not the best place to get out of the car!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 9429
    Whhhoeeee! Smart man. Those babies are nasssssty! Not the best place to get out of the car!
    Probably not, but Diane wanted to take pictures of some cranes and ducks so she made him stop. He dropped the granola bar he was eating when he bolted for the car and I figure the gator got a health snack out the deal

Post Thanks / Like
    Were they on Alligator Alley (75 between Miami and Naples). That is a great place to see incredible birds and thousands of 'gators!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 9440
    Were they on Alligator Alley (75 between Miami and Naples). That is a great place to see incredible birds and thousands of 'gators!
    I'm not sure, I know they stopped on teh way up to Disney and that they took the turnpike, but that's all I know for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. Nope. But they were running along the eastern edge of the 'glades so they saw some nice wildlife. And then the 'gator of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    we did alligator alley on our first trip to florida in 1997. We stopped a couple of times and watched a man fishing - he had gators all around him in the water- soon as i saw them i ran back to the car lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that area just chock full of 'gators? I always get spooked driving through there. Can't imagine having something go wrong and being run off the road into one of those "ditches" (that are really more like small canals)!

What amazes me is that there are actually ducks on the water in them! I'd think none would survive.

I do love the birds through there though. Incredible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12