Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With Chrimbo Fast Approaching

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard of this one so may have to go and get it. Mine is a cartoony thing... called Grandpa I think..... it's so so sad and always gets me :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember years ago there was a television movie on. Ed Asner had the lead and he was the father of now grown children. He "went home" and asked them all to come for Christmas as he was dying... ugh. Not my idea of a Christmas show. I'm sorry but we deal with that sort of heartache all through the year. I'd like one week where we can focus on joy, happiness, feeding those we love, those we don't know, and just being as kind as possible without reminders that the cold, bleak world is out there waiting to pounce.

I prefer my Christmas to be like that very first magical trip to WDW where once you stepped inside the World, the real world was left behind... call me Pollyanna...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 177440
    I prefer my Christmas to be like that very first magical trip to WDW where once you stepped inside the World, the real world was left behind... call me Pollyanna...
    thts exactly how i feel when i go, eveything else is forgotten :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 177440
    wonderful!!!

Soooooo you know what's coming :D what films do you watch that make you feel that way?
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I love the fact you have watched Nester!! :D

Mick, I don't think I could watch it all...not to be all melodramatic but the little bit I saw reminded me too much of how my kids may have seen me after the aneurysm..lying up in bed...sickly looking..could hardly talk & was in pain. Plus it all happened close to Christmas. It's just too much for me

But back to happy thoughts! I cannot get enough of holiday movies during December! We have a ton on dvd & even VHS, lol. And my kids will thankfully still sit down & watch the cartoons with me even at their age (i love that!).

Here's another odd one to see if anyone (Tink??) has ever seen or heard of, lol. It's called Who Slew Auntie Roo & has Shelly Winters in it as this rich but secretly insane lady who lives in a sprawling mansion & every Christmas has the children from the local orphanage come for Christmas dinner & presents. But she decides to kidnap one. Anyone?? :D
    [SIGPIC]The Family![/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder, post: 177495
    Mick, I don't think I could watch it all...not to be all melodramatic but the little bit I saw reminded me too much of how my kids may have seen me after the aneurysm..lying up in bed...sickly looking..could hardly talk & was in pain. Plus it all happened close to Christmas. It's just too much for me

But back to happy thoughts! I cannot get enough of holiday movies during December! We have a ton on dvd & even VHS, lol. And my kids will thankfully still sit down & watch the cartoons with me even at their age (i love that!).
    no thats understandable BT too close to home that one

we got a few on vhs too but ive transferred them to dvd, not lost any clarity either, came out really well :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    No can't say as I've ever heard of that one, Big Thunder!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a Wonderful Life ! If you dont cry at that then you may have a medical problem that requries medical attention

Post Thanks / Like
    Nester is #1 for my Sister and I at Christmas A few years back we collected all the movies we watched as kids and we were able to find him on VSH. Now, of course, you can get them everywhere.

..ears Nester..

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a Wonderful Life. Cant be any other.

Margaret

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast